Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2020 PROCESS COPY

PEPPERCORN RANCH

9 minutes ago, PEPPERCORN RANCH said:

I notice that when I copy a process the linking parameters change. Specifically, the cut depth changes from incremental to absolute. There seems to be a few problems with linking parameters. The worst being that when using incremental or Associative when clicking entities for depths it does not fill in the correct depth value.

Do you lock feed rates or other things unchecked or checked? I copy operations (Process) all the time and don't see this. Might be something in your defaults doing this. Save the operation's defaults you want to copy and then copy it and see if that helps.

1 hour ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Do you lock feed rates or other things unchecked or checked? I copy operations (Process) all the time and don't see this. Might be something in your defaults doing this. Save the operation's defaults you want to copy and then copy it and see if that helps.

No, I do not lock feeds. The problems I am seeing seem to be occurring when my work coordinate system and my construction planes do not match. It happened twice this morning under the same circumstances. I was chamfering at an incremental depth of 0. After copying for a new process and only selecting a new solid edge to chamfer, the tool plunged to absolute Z0. I went back and checked both the original op and the copy, and the incremental definitely changed to absolute.

48 minutes ago, PEPPERCORN RANCH said:

No, I do not lock feeds. The problems I am seeing seem to be occurring when my work coordinate system and my construction planes do not match. It happened twice this morning under the same circumstances. I was chamfering at an incremental depth of 0. After copying for a new process and only selecting a new solid edge to chamfer, the tool plunged to absolute Z0. I went back and checked both the original op and the copy, and the incremental definitely changed to absolute.

Yes I have seen this happen in all previous versions, but hard to really nail down since what controls what? If you were chamfering an edge in one view and then copied the operation and change the view would it be possible to chamfer that same shape from that view? Not after you picked the new feature to chamffer, but as copied becuase that is all the software can evaluate when copied and things changed. If the software left it like you had it would this cause a crash anyway? Not trying to excuse what your seeing, but back up and look at the process your trying to copy and ask yourself is like I had it possible in this new view? What can the software do to be safe? Was it a 3D chain in one view and now a 2D chain in a different view or vice-versa? In what your doing creating chamfers I normally create new operations because things can change so much from one view to the next I find it easier to set my planes manger to what I am programming next and then create my plans. By the method your doing your opening the door to miss something and have other issues. By forcing yourself to make sure the correct WCS is picked. Then the correct C and T plane before creating operations in my mind I am keeping track of the process of manufacturing the part correct in my head. By taking a TOP operation and copying to FRONT to them have to change everything in that operation to FRONT that was previously TOP now I have to stop and rethink was I in top or was I in FRONT? I have done it many different ways over the years and for Multiaxis toolpaths I normally copy them, and for other thing yes I copy them, but this one is one that I cannot be sure is a bug or just a method of approach. I copy things all the time and tell everyone to program in increment so in that aspect it should work and do what you thinking so send a sample file to QC and let them see what your seeing. Hopefully they get you sorted out and if it is a bug get it addressed.