Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Size matters :-)

sy2krt

I'm trying to help a friend who is retired and using Mastercam 2019 to teach his grandsons CAD with huge 3D printer. The guy is amazing especially considering he has severe reading disabilities (with both letters & numbers). He worked for 30 years at the same shop doing precision CNC machining. For the last 10 years he had taught himself to use Mastercam. 

He bought a powerful server and 2 huge high resolution screens. All was well until he did something wrong (we don't know what yet but know that he must have fat fingered a hot key or some other bone headed move). The result is that his whole screen is the drawing window!! The file commands at the very top and all toolbars seem to be under the oversized drawing pallet or workspace. I think it is enlarged over the rest of the screen features because in my trying a couple of hotkey strokes (Alt+F, etc), some small toolbar type boxes appeared in the upper left corner with numbers and letters in them.

What can I do to help him? Do I need to reload everything?

Thank you all so much. 

Great grandpa.

20190831_003930.jpg

First thing to try is deleting the workspace file.

Close mastercam and go here

It will be in my documents/my mcam 2018/config folder

Then delete the workspace file

Restart mastercam

That might not be the exact path but point you in the right direction anyway

• Thanks 1