Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hitachi Seiki with 10M controller

ivan rehlicki

Hi All

I am new at this but i have a problem.I am running a 1994 Hitachi Seiki with Seicos 10M controller.I tried to use tapping cycle G84 at low say 150 rpm speeds it works ok but the threads are real loose at  high speeds it breaks the tap at the bottom when it reverses direction I am cutting a 8x36 tpi thread. In my Fanuc controller i used to operate  used to have a M29 command with the spindle speed when i put this in the machine hangs up on that line.any ideas pleaseeeee it is driving me crazy??????? below is the program

N33 T11 M06(8X36 TAP )
N34 G00 G90 G54 X-9.8 Y64.659
N35 S100 M03
N36 G43 H11 D11 Z5.
N37 M08
N38 G00 X-9.8 Y64.659 Z5.
N39 G98 G84 Z-12. R1. F71.0
N40 X-23.7
N41 G80
N42 G00 Z5.

Please help

1 hour ago, ivan rehlicki said:

I tried the G841 it just sent the tap down and up without turning on the spindle but pretty quick lucky it was thin material and did not break the tap.

I have not heard of the G84.2 command .

Are you saying to substitute the G84 with G84.2?

Ivan

You just learned what not to do. You never prove out new code on a part. You also never prove out new code without setting your workoffset far enough from the part to test something. 

• Like 3

Hi all

i would like to thank you all for your comments and suggestions i have worked out the following on my particular machine  FYI

G84 Does not work it does nut cut nice threads.

M29 command just stalls the machine nothing happens.

G84.2 is virtually the same results as G84.

The G841 works just fine but with the G95 left out of the program the G95 stops the spindle at R point and plunges to full depth and returns at RAPID SPEED

Once again thanks 

Ivan