Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SIMULATION ROTATION

Spotterhphc

Hello All 

I am seeking help on Mastercam Simulator with regards to part position. As you can see in the picture attached, the part is positioned through my Z axis cover. My XYZ+ directions are all in the proper direction per the machine. I played with "workpiece_transform  rotaion about Y " to get the part to visually look correct but i can't get it to stay that way and simulate correctly. I know this isn't much info, so ask me what you need and ill try to answer. Thanks in advance!

INTEGREX-SIMULATION.thumb.png.b83f689d576aeca3a1572b737aa7b883.pngINTEGREX-SIMULATION-SETUP.thumb.png.d1571d9f6eb127b2b30c38e2ba7976e5.png

7 hours ago, Spotterhphc said:

No it's not currently attached. I was just looking into that this morning but can't find much on what steps to take to do that. Is this a reseller question?

Thanks! 

Yes that is a re-seller question and understand if not using MT then you will only be able to see milling and no turning using Machinesim. 

Try going to the Post Settings tab (2nd tab in the 2nd image you posted) and there is a section near the top called "Select between the two solutions for startup".  There are several options in the drop-down menu... have a mess around in there! 😀

EDIT - although the page is called Post Settings, you don't need to have a post processor attached to it to affect the simulation.  Also I presume that you are trying to get the tool to start near the bottom of the workpiece rather than the top in which case those options will hopefefully help.  If I misunderstood then I'm sorry about my rather flippant reply above!

I'm going to assume that before you start simulation, you have your WCS and workpiece oriented the way you will see it looking down from the Z-axis.  If this is the case, depending on where your part x/y/z zero is, you may have to change Workpiece Position to "Translation in XYZ", and adjust those until you get the part where you want it.  This is what I usually have to do to get it on my fixturing where I need it.

Hope this helps.

Brent