Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2019 gives "unknown error" in verify

Steve G

I haven't had any luck figuring this one out yet. Just got a new PC from our IT dept with a fresh install of 2019 and it won't run verify. Every time I try to start it i get "unknown error" my co workers PC which is supposed to be a cone of mine works fine. Mastercam re-seller tech support hasn't been able to figure it out either. Any suggestions??? TIA

• 5 months later...

Hey Gs

I see the error from time to time and just close and reopen MC, It's annoying. today I sore a case where every time the simulator launched the error occurred.

"Unknown error has occurred " (most brain dead error name ever) 

This issue was caused because all of the machine simulator default machines were removed from the MC2020 shared machine sim folder. 

The  "5_5AXGEN_VMCTTAB" cannot be removed from the folder. It is used by the Mastercam verify machine simulator as a default machine. 

put this one machine back in the MC2020 shared machine sim folder and the simulator works again.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, mustardcam said:

Hey Gs

I see the error from time to time and just close and reopen MC, It's annoying. today I sore a case where every time the simulator launched the error occurred.

"Unknown error has occurred " (most brain dead error name ever) 

This issue was caused because all of the machine simulator default machines were removed from the MC2020 shared machine sim folder. 

The  "5_5AXGEN_VMCTTAB" cannot be removed from the folder. It is used by the Mastercam verify machine simulator as a default machine. 

put this one machine back in the MC2020 shared machine sim folder and the simulator works again.

It has been reported and they are looking into it. 🤨

45 minutes ago, Glenn Bouman said:

I have seen this error even with a good graphics card. 

Deleting these files in the \Documents\My Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\ always fixes the problem.

mwMachSim.ini

MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml

mwVerifierGUI.ini

Does the problem come back after deleting those?

1 hour ago, Glenn Bouman said:

Deleting these files in the \Documents\My Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\ always fixes the problem.

mwMachSim.ini

mwVerifierGUI.ini

According to QC this never happens and they have no one else reporting this issue. 

2 hours ago, Glenn Bouman said:

mwMachSim.ini

mwVerifierGUI.ini

I have seen this error too many times to count. Closing  mastercam & restart seemed to clear it up...till the next time it happened. I will try moving/deleting these files.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...