Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

REST ROUGHING GOUGE..

Greg_J

Good day,

I had a gouge at the machine from a rest roughing program that did not show up in Mastercam's Verify.

Has anyone had this before?

I ran a Surface Rough Pocket with a 3.0" high feed, then a Area Rest Rough with a 2.0" high feed then another Area Rest Rough with 1.25 high feed and that is the part of the program with the gouge. Mastercam showed a perfect part in Verify.

The only thing I can think is that the way the machine interpreted the arc's is different then the my post settings?

I am using a traditional bullnose tool to define my high feed tools and not the new high feed tool which would give me more accurate toolpath.

Any ideas?

I wish I had Vericut.

Thanks,

Greg

1 hour ago, Greg_J said:

Nope, I shows a good part.

Does the toolpath take off in a fairly large arc?

The min toolpath radius is used for the entry arcs after the ones defined in the Linking Parameters page.

I have no official knowledge but it seems to me that if you use a stepover bigger than the min toolpath rad a whole bunch of intersects and tangencies will be created with short arc segments in between.

When I have encountered this it always looks to me like it has picked a segment and then gone the "wrong way" possibly because it cannot discern the correct direction due to the short arc length, which might be interpreted as a line or spline.

Again this is just a guess as to what is happening. 

Peter: It seems that my tolerance is at .006 this gouge is about .100 so I don't think it's that.

As for the arc it not a large arc it's just rolling around a corner into a long straight cut.

As I look into this more it seem like it's not using the correct diameter or nose radius for the tool.

I ran a new program that has been slightly adjusted with tighter tolerances and I had the same result so now I am defining the tool as a High feed tool and filling in all the parameters and I'm going to run this shortly. Hopefully this will fix the issue.