Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Check holder

TERRYH

In 2020 and 2019 does check holder work ???? or is it like so many other things and just broke, was messing around with it and had a 1/2" ball mill 2.0" long picking some scorners smaller from a 1" ballmill running verify it showed me a holder was hitting my part I changed the tool length to 2.125" long re ran verify and it clears no issues. had never tried the check holder and read up on it and tried it to see how it does well after it spent a few mins running it gave me lines all over the place and told me I needed to modify my tool length to a tool over 70" long.................uh is there something I am missing FYI not impressed at all with 2020 

Are you using the c-hook "check holder" ?  i usually use the option to "edit projection"  place the tool at the deepest part and click and drag the holder up and down till it looks good.that along with the option to trim passes to holder (under surfacing toolpaths-on holder tab) have always worked for me