Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Set stock plane to model

HairyWBush

I have been trying to set a stock model, which is just an oversize model, to the model's plane and it's impossible. I'm probably just going to set the stock to one view.

I tried creating the stock model in Mastercam and had one imported as an STL, but I STILL  had no luck getting it do properly verify as it was always twisted or far away. What's the point of setting the stock plane if it's not going to do crap? I tried merging the STL stock model, and selecting it in stock setup, but it won't even acknowledge it, yet I can move it anywhere. And, if I import it through 'Stock Model', then I can't translate it. I don't understand.

• 3 weeks later...

boo, are you talking about making a copy of the model and offsetting it or scaling it from there?

leon whenever I program a part I just drag the gnomon to where I want it and create a new plane like that. i haven't gotten efficient at moving it to the origin but is that really the  only way it will work? I mean I set the stock plane to what I'm working on for God's sakes.