Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Random work planes

TERRYH

does anyone know why or what is causing 2019 and 2020 to randomly create work planes? it gets very aggravating dealing with this stuff, it does it when crating tool paths.  We made the jump to 2020 but was so many bugs and stuff not working for what we do, that we dropped back down to 2019 which is somewhat more stable at least from what were seeing.  Also it will switch work planes just by how you rotate the part on your screen, I was doing multi axis drilling was in my top work plane and when I selected the geometry it told me it was not in current orientation, it had switched and I have to go over switch back to top and then do it.................there are as many bugs and work around as there is functions almost.  

Capture.PNG

In mc2020 and mc2019 I had issues early on with importing toolpaths  into a file. For some reason it was adding excessive planes.

I did some work with Deb Rossing at CNC and she logged  R-19363 back in the middle of March. we had a work around, but I cant find my emails due to work server crashing.

I'm unsure if it was fully addressed.