Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any way to identify what level Toolpath Geometry is on?

svirfnebli

This may be a stupid question, but it's always bugged me and I hope it's a super simple answer that I have just never learned.

I'm working with files that were drawn poorly in the first place. There are multiple levels featuring very similar (if not identical) geometry. These files have many different tool paths with geometry that is on tons of different levels. When I want to make a change to the tool path geometry it's a real pain in the xxxx to find it through like 50+ different levels. From the geometry tab under various tool paths, is there any way to determine what level the geometry is on? I can "show" the geometry, but it only shows if the level is active which is useless when I dont know the level. 🤨

Thank you for any and all help

Standard way is to set all levels visible then use toggle button in toolpath manager to only show geometry associated to toolpath selected.

Then select geometry and analyze it to get its level number.

I'm ok it can be time consuming that's why I made a NetHook to help at this task (for 2D toolpaths only). Look in my signature. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...