svirfnebli

Any way to identify what level Toolpath Geometry is on?

This may be a stupid question, but it's always bugged me and I hope it's a super simple answer that I have just never learned.

I'm working with files that were drawn poorly in the first place. There are multiple levels featuring very similar (if not identical) geometry. These files have many different tool paths with geometry that is on tons of different levels. When I want to make a change to the tool path geometry it's a real pain in the xxxx to find it through like 50+ different levels. From the geometry tab under various tool paths, is there any way to determine what level the geometry is on? I can "show" the geometry, but it only shows if the level is active which is useless when I dont know the level. 🤨

Thank you for any and all help

Standard way is to set all levels visible then use toggle button in toolpath manager to only show geometry associated to toolpath selected.

Then select geometry and analyze it to get its level number.

I'm ok it can be time consuming that's why I made a NetHook to help at this task (for 2D toolpaths only). Look in my signature. 

• Like 1

Organization within your file is very important going forward, your example is a perfect case to show why every level should be clearly labeled. 

• Like 3

If all of that other geometry isn't being used, you can turn on all levels, select all geometry and hit Delete. A window will pop up.. .select delete ONLY NON-ASSOCIATIVE ENTITIES.

Then anything that isn't being used is gone.

I made a quick little video.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5

I'm posting just to remind myself to put the NET-Hook I use to trace geometry up on GitHub.

It's just a modal dialogue that lists the levels used in the selected operation.  Nothing fancy, but it handles most operation types.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jeff.D said:

I'm posting just to remind myself to put the NET-Hook I use to trace geometry up on GitHub.

It's just a modal dialogue that lists the levels used in the selected operation.  Nothing fancy, but it handles most operation types.

Source can be found on my GitHub.

Analize like JLW Said above, analyze was also improved upon in 2020s release to include some new cool features so you can now even see what toolpaths, planes, etc. is associated to the geometry. Vid below, pretty useful in my opinion