Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Project Curves offset issue

Metallic

Doing another multiaxis engraving job...however with Mastercam 2020 I am having issues with negative drive surfaces offset values. Positive values or 0.00 values generate a toolpath fine.

I opened a 2018 program i had written using the same toolpath and it does the same thing when you modify the already existing negative value from that old program file.

Is this a bug? I think so.

project curves.PNG

Pendulum weight engraved.emcam

I took a look.  Idk what's up.  I was getting that with Curve as well.  I've been using curve for 4 and 5 axis engraving lately - just seems to serve me better. 

Tbh I gave up because there were no machine files and I got frustrated clicking ok so much.

6 hours ago, jlw™ said:

I took a look.  Idk what's up.  I was getting that with Curve as well.  I've been using curve for 4 and 5 axis engraving lately - just seems to serve me better. 

Tbh I gave up because there were no machine files and I got frustrated clicking ok so much.

yes this is a problem I have been facing lately. I am not sure how my config transition to 2020 got so effed up

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 10:36 PM, ajmer said:

seems that it doesnt like center drills 

if you change to a ball mill it works right away

Yea, that is weird. I can't be the only multiaxis user who engraves using solid carbide center drills so hopefully it gets resolved but we will see.

It works just fine with a ball, so I will do that in the interim. I may submit a bug report.

I prefer Project Curves over Curve if I have the choice.

Thanks for the help guys