Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting G50 in 3+2

jwvt88

Hey guys we recently had a mastercam 2020 launch training session and I convinced my team to create/change some of our programming standards. During the session the instructor was explaining the value of "leaving the part in the same place" and creating new planes. Before we were moving parts to the WCS and we were unable to simulate properly and all of our ops had separate geometry and everything on separate levels. We are also now utilizing viewsheets(yay). 

However we are having an issue now. Before when we moved the part to the global zero we had no issues posting 3+2 programs. Now when we are doing it, we are for some reason getting a G50 and the machine just errors out. I'm almost sure this is a post issue but we are told the post on our Mazak is locked..we are looking into this but presently we need a work around as we have programmed many many parts this way already and don't want to have to go and regenerate everything and change depths etc. 

SAVE ME!

Thanks

28 minutes ago, jwvt88 said:

SAVE ME!

I know that you lose some functionality when you run multi axis toolpaths on a constructed WCS. mainly on multi axis toolpaths.

This is true for 4 and 5 axis machines.

I have also seen a certain amount of instability with the origin on some 4 axis programs.

I generally move my part to MC origin and as long as I am not using any multi axis paths I construct WCS anywhere "around" MC origin.

If multi axis I program with MC axis  same as machine.

I would get G50 output that would cause a crash in Vericut on our Mazak when doing 3+2. The issue was when any plane other than "Top" (actual MC Top or a user created Top) had a different origin other than the Top plane it was using as the WCS. This would happen when moving fixtures and planes around a single part in the file. If I needed to adjust the fixture position I would shift everything and all but one of my planes was associative. Post it and then I would get a G50 that would try to shift the coordinate system by the difference between the index plane and WCS.

Check all of your plane origins and make sure they're all the same.