Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ROBODRILL POST

We just got 2 new 5th axis Robodrills. Im thinking the post is backwards we have the 5th axis mounted on the leftside of the table but I think its posting for either the right-side or with the A rotating in Y axis instead of the X. Is there a way to tell which one the post is for as I am at work and nobody is at my resellers right now to ask or confirm and im kinda needing to get this thing running. I've tried the Fanuc 5th axis post that comes with MasterCam but it doesn't post my G68.2 for my tool tip. Very frustrating. The post is actually a Postability post figured it would be pretty solid but not sure if anyone communicated which side our rotary would be on so I figured that had to be some switch to change in the post.

12 hours ago, Bama said:

We just got 2 new 5th axis Robodrills. Im thinking the post is backwards we have the 5th axis mounted on the leftside of the table but I think its posting for either the right-side or with the A rotating in Y axis instead of the X. Is there a way to tell which one the post is for as I am at work and nobody is at my resellers right now to ask or confirm and im kinda needing to get this thing running. I've tried the Fanuc 5th axis post that comes with MasterCam but it doesn't post my G68.2 for my tool tip. Very frustrating. The post is actually a Postability post figured it would be pretty solid but not sure if anyone communicated which side our rotary would be on so I figured that had to be some switch to change in the post.

If it is a Postability Post, then just give Dave Thompson at Postability a call. Go right to the source and get him to help you get the Post you already paid for setup.

I happen to know that Dave ties his Posts into the Machine Definition.

So (if you know what you are doing), you can go into the Machine Defintion "Rotary Axis Properties", and just flip the Axis to the other side, if you happened to have rotated the alignment of your Trunnion. You'll need to test of course, but Dave is an incredible Software Engineer, and builds his Posts with a ton of functionality inside them. You just have to know (or have been trained), on how to properly set it up.

[email protected]

Try that for service!

Hope that helps,

Colin

• Thanks 1
On 10/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, Bama said:

Just dont want to step on my resellers toes by going over there head also. And I really like the PostAbility post they come already neat when you post and not cluttered up. 

I 100% understand. For urgent Post issues, I recommend emailing with Postability, and CC'ing the Reseller to keep them in the loop.

I get the whole "the Reseller is the gatekeeper" concept, but I have a hard time seeing how the Reseller playing middle-man in simply passing information back-and-forth to the Developer, helps the situation in any way? I like keeping them in the loop, as long as they aren't also impeding the flow of information.

It's a fine line sometimes I suppose. I just think "getting the software that the customer has already paid for to actually work" should be the primary objective for the Reseller, for any Post Processor they are selling to the customer. 

• Like 3