Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corner rounding endmill not showing correctly

Roger

2 hours ago, Ben Wood said:

I think it looks ok on my verify.  If yours doesn't look like mine it must be a setting in verify.  In the verify options I have mine set to always use 5 axis engine which makes verify more accurate but a little slower.

Thanks for your response.  It looks like it's something different.  Even an old program I open is not showing the verify correctly anymore. 

The tool doesn't show up correctly , as you can see in this screen shot.  It shows correct in backplot though!

Untitled.jpg.ffcb61e61d5821e853b006ecfbdbaa42.jpg

7 hours ago, Ben Wood said:

I think it looks ok on my verify.  If yours doesn't look like mine it must be a setting in verify.  In the verify options I have mine set to always use 5 axis engine which makes verify more accurate but a little slower.

Capture.PNG

This seemed to work for me, I dont use 2019 much yet, so I didnt have my settings configured. At first I was gouging , like it was an endmill the full diamter down to the pilot. Once I changed the settings it worked correctly 

10 hours ago, navsENG said:

Did you take this file from a previous version? I have had weird issue when I open older files in a newer version. Sometimes you just need to redefine the tool and all is well. 

No, this is a new program, and the one I posted here was just an example of my toolpath.  Can't show the part I'm working on.

25 minutes ago, Ben Wood said:

Have you tried rebooting the computer.  I have see a reboot fix some very weird behavior before. 

Yes.  That was one of the 1st things I did.  It could be a video card driver problem............Since the old program is now doing the same.......🤔

I've encountered something similar before. Try this...

Locate the *.xml file called MastercamSimulatorDefaults in the folder C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\my mcam2019

Open with a text editor

Search for <PrecisionFactor>6</PrecisionFactor>

Change the number to something higher than what it is currently. (i.e. 6 or more)

Save file

Open MC again

Simulate again and see if it helps.

3 hours ago, zachlancy said:

I've encountered something similar before. Try this...

Locate the *.xml file called MastercamSimulatorDefaults in the folder C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\my mcam2019

Open with a text editor

Search for <PrecisionFactor>6</PrecisionFactor>

Change the number to something higher than what it is currently. (i.e. 6 or more)

Save file

Open MC again

Simulate again and see if it helps.

i don't think i would do the above, might slow down your verify to a crawl. I would try going into verify, choose file --> options, then check use 5-axis sim and check the box that says "always use 5 axis engine"

44 minutes ago, JoshC said:

I would try going into verify, choose file --> options, then check use 5-axis sim and check the box that says "always use 5 axis engine"

That worked.  Thanks JoshC, and Ben Wood.  (Ben, when you posted this I didn't know how to get to the options in verify..........🙄

• Like 1