Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Opening V7???

gcode

X2MR2 only goes back to MC8 so it's looking like the original X.  It's possible that a vanilla version of X2 could do it because I have a vague memory of a Maintenance update changing the oldest supported version of Mastercam files that you could open.  Not sure when that happend though.

Here are some MC7 sample files in a ZIP if you want to do some testing.

SLDQ18M.zip

6 hours ago, gcode said:

I have v9, X19 and X20 installed on this machine

I've got a few V8 files laying around, but no V7.

I would be that friend G is talking about.

2 things.

1. I dug up our vX install disc but I'm working on getting it to recognize the hasp.

2. What workstation do you have the v9 installed on? With XP not having support there are security issues that stop our IT dept from using it.

2 hours ago, john316 said:

I would be that friend G is talking about.

2 things.

1. I dug up our vX install disc but I'm working on getting it to recognize the hasp.

2. What workstation do you have the v9 installed on? With XP not having support there are security issues that stop our IT dept from using it.

I have V9 installed on a Win 7 work station.

Our Mastercam is licensed via a nethasp and V9 launches with no issues.

I do not know anyone who has successfully run V9 on a Win7 machine using a USB hasp

4 hours ago, gcode said:

I have V9 installed on a Win 7 work station.

Our Mastercam is licensed via a nethasp and V9 launches with no issues.

I do not know anyone who has successfully run V9 on a Win7 machine using a USB hasp

The system requirements for v9 confirm that. 

If I have any problems getting vX working on my system I’m going to set up a stand alone and move what I need by thumb drive. 

On 10/4/2019 at 6:45 PM, gcode said:

i had it , IT set up a drive with VMware with a USB Hasp

we have an old computer with XP that has V7 and V9 but it's not allowed on the network, i have an old white dongle that goes in the printer port

13 minutes ago, htm01 said:

i had it , IT set up a drive with VMware with a USB Hasp

we have an old computer with XP that has V7 and V9 but it's not allowed on the network, i have an old white dongle that goes in the printer port

If you don*t have a nethasp an air gapped XP machine is the simplest solution as long as the old hardware holds up

On 10/4/2019 at 6:01 AM, gcode said:

What is the newest version of Mastercam that can open V7

X, X2??

A friend is losing his last XP workstation so V9 no longer an option 

I've successfully installed version 9 (not x9) on Windows 10 using my sim. V9 will open GE3 files and up. It works OK enough that you can open a file, save it as an MC9 file, which can in turn be opened by any modern version (at least to 2018, I haven't worked with 2020 yet).

2 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

I don't want to hi-jack, but I have to ask.... Why are you guys dealing with such old files? V7 and V9? Do you all have custom stuff that drives off the older file formats? 

thousands of files over the last 25 years, mold work that would sometimes come back for repairs

• Like 1