Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Better way to remove this material

Corey Hampshire

HI Guys,

Can anyone come up with a better way to face this material off? I normally use contour like shown, but would like to have a more efficient path (stock driven). I have used trim in the past, but it would be tedious to do this 10-16 times depending on the part. 

It just seems like there has to be a way to generate a more efficient tool path to do this very simply.

FACING.mcam

1 hour ago, JParis said:

Draw your path exactly as you want it at each depth of cut

I just about had to do this on the part I am working on now.  At some point I am sure I will have to do it.  I can see saving another 5 minutes and increasing tool life significantly, just some small tweaks to the path that already exists.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I was hoping for a quick easy solution tool path wise. I am currently playing with the Dynamic OptiRest. I have it setup just like David's sample and it wants to make a full arc in on the cuts. I don't know what to tweak to get me there? I realize dynamic is supposed to arc in, and that is exactly what it does. Anyone got any suggestions?

dynamic arc in.png