Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Swiss Programming?

TTworek

Will Mastercam be getting into Swiss programming anytime soon I've been a user for over 20 years and we are growing Swiss faster than any other machine right now because of the speed and accuracy taking part's made in our 3 machine Cells and cutting the cycle times down by 50% or greater but having to learn Esprit after knowing Mastercam so well has not been easy. And the reason we went with Esprit is they work so closely with Citizen for post and simulation.

i'm in the same boat, we just acquired a small swiss shop, he has partmaker but doesn't really know it, does his programming by hand, could sometimes use a little help with some features, are there posts available for Star machines for MC,first would be Star Ecas 32-T with Siemens 840DI control ( *** looking for direction not free post ***)

15 minutes ago, htm01 said:

i'm in the same boat, we just acquired a small swiss shop, he has partmaker but doesn't really know it, does his programming by hand, could sometimes use a little help with some features, are there posts available for Star machines for MC,first would be Star Ecas 32-T with Siemens 840DI control ( *** looking for direction not free post ***)

Contact Zoober, he is an expert with Partmaker and Swiss programing.

https://www.emastercam.com/profile/13248-zoober/

You can program Swiss with Mastercam and do a good job of it if you able to track the order of operation in your head or know how to make your syncing process work. I program Triple and Quad turret machine in Mastercam Lathe with Mill with no problems. With the break of the Lathe and mill Mill into 2 section it makes doing this manageable. The biggest thing is knowing what and where you want to do your syncing. Partmakers make this process very nice and does some time studies stuff doing it in Mastercam you just cannot to, but again end of the day got to get the job done so you do you best with what you got. I made up a Cantext syncing method I shared years ago I developed around X4 to me heads and shoulder above MT since I can sync down to the exact point in a toolpath and now to a certain set of operations Mt goes about doing it, but since I developed it I am about the only person that understands it so I know I am biased in my thoughts. That said MT is a great product and not dismissing it or dissing it by saying that, but I beat the drum a lot differently and it scares me even making that comment. I have this SYNC process sheet I developed years ago for 2 parts. Hopefully that gives you and idea what I found helps me communicate the syncing process to machinist, setup and operators who I have made program for over the years.  

Once you understand your process and make the process support the people running the technology then you complete the 3 parts needed to manufacture any part on any machine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

You can program Swiss with Mastercam and do a good job of it if you able to track the order of operation in your head or know how to make your syncing process work. I program Triple and Quad turret machine in Mastercam Lathe with Mill with no problems. With the break of the Lathe and mill Mill into 2 section it makes doing this manageable. The biggest thing is knowing what and where you want to do your syncing. Partmakers make this process very nice and does some time studies stuff doing it in Mastercam you just cannot to, but again end of the day got to get the job done so you do you best with what you got. I made up a Cantext syncing method I shared years ago I developed around X4 to me heads and shoulder above MT since I can sync down to the exact point in a toolpath and now to a certain set of operations Mt goes about doing it, but since I developed it I am about the only person that understands it so I know I am biased in my thoughts. That said MT is a great product and not dismissing it or dissing it by saying that, but I beat the drum a lot differently and it scares me even making that comment. I have this SYNC process sheet I developed years ago for 2 parts. Hopefully that gives you and idea what I found helps me communicate the syncing process to machinist, setup and operators who I have made program for over the years.  

Once you understand your process and make the process support the people running the technology then you complete the 3 parts needed to manufacture any part on any machine. 

image.png

image.png

You know they call you crazy, right?

:cheers:

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, TTworek said:

Will Mastercam be getting into Swiss programming anytime soon I've been a user for over 20 years and we are growing Swiss faster than any other machine right now because of the speed and accuracy taking part's made in our 3 machine Cells and cutting the cycle times down by 50% or greater but having to learn Esprit after knowing Mastercam so well has not been easy. And the reason we went with Esprit is they work so closely with Citizen for post and simulation.

Send me a PM. I'll get you in touch with CNC Software swiss expert. He's doing a little show and tell at our DMG MORI tech center today and tomorrow. He really makes it look easy...))

I'm pretty sure he's also doing the above webinar ;)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Mark@dmg-mori said:

Send me a PM. I'll get you in touch with CNC Software swiss expert. He's doing a little show and tell at our DMG MORI tech center today and tomorrow. He really makes it look easy...))

I'm pretty sure he's also doing the above webinar ;)

Mark,
 you are Correct that is Chris L. Mark can you snap a picture if you are there.

Thanks