Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plane information

AMCNitro

1 hour ago, AMCNitro said:

Yes, I try to do that.  Sometimes I forget though, I need to do remember to do it every time.  It gets complicated when I have a compound angle for subgate, that's why I would like it if it kept the angles.  Thanks Ron!

Yes I am fully aware of your issue why I have asked for not only XYZ for Workoffset output, but A,B,C. Problem with that request is the planes are not kinematic aware so what is A for one machine might be B or C for another. I don't really care about kinematic awareness on the planes since the Mastercam programmer has always had to be aware of these anyway I would just like to know the angle difference between One plane to the other in the planes Manager. A cheat is to use a Machine sim close to your machine if you don't have one already built. Then you can use it to see angles for things if they are 3+2 operations. If full 4, 5, 6 or 7 axis work then you better naming them from the start when you make them. You can make geometry from the base Coordinate system and then analyze angles.