Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NEW PC 2020 Very slow especially Simulate.

jwvt88

Hey guys, Got a new computer Friday, Having an issue we seem to have narrowed down to 2020. Components are i9 9900KF, Quadro RTX 5000, 32gb ram, M.2 SSD. We run primarily small parts. I try to verify one op and it can take 5+ minutes to load. Just 1%.....2%.... then once it does get to 100% it still takes a while longer before I can do anything in the Verify screen. My "old" computer with the same file might take 10 seconds before it's completely loaded and ready. That's an i7 8700k, Quadro P5000, 32gb ram, M.2 SSD. After messing with things all day, we finally decided to install mastercam 2018 and open an old file and check. 2018 simulator was just as fast as it should be in my opinion. We did uninstall 2020 and do a fresh install and do all windows updates available. I've played with just about any setting I could find but I don't think any simple setting would really account for it to be *THAT* slow. 

However in Documents > My Mastercam 2020 > Mastercam where I can set MastercamSimulatorDefaults there's another  txt file there labelled "MastercamSimulatorExceptions"  that's telling me I have some memory leaks. 

"DebugWin Log: 
Initialized McamSimulator - DebugEngine
ubvs launcher init
ubvs launcher init - not started
ubvs launcher init - create new app
ubvs launcher init - create window
ubvs launcher init - run
TrackedChange: ToolvectorVis
ubvs launcher init
Registered Cleanup
All tracked managed memory has been freed
ubvs launcher init
Registered Cleanup
Memory leak detected: Still referenced objects: 
1: ModuleWorks.DataProvider
1: UBVS.ViewModels.MainViewModel
ubvs launcher init
ubvs launcher init
Registered Cleanup
Registered Cleanup
ubvs launcher init"

There's an excerpt from it. Has anyone ran into a similar issue they've had to fix? I can't seem to find anything on the forums yet. 

4 hours ago, jwvt88 said:

I try to verify one op and it can take 5+ minutes to load. Just 1%.....2%.... then once it does get to 100% it still takes a while longer before I can do anything in the Verify screen.

I've had this issue many times over many versions of Mastercam. Don't know the cause of it.

Sometimes Verify is quick, sometimes it's extremely slow.

It's like it's trying to load something before you can even hit the play button.

Did you migrate your User Data Folder using migration wizard? If so i would suggest renaming the "C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Mastercam 2020" Folder to something else like "old My Mastercam 2020" then start the software up and it will re-build that folder. If its something caused by the user data folder then that may fix it. 

also do you have intel integrated graphics or just the nvidia gfx card? If you have both the nvidia dedicated and the intel integrated graphics there is settings that need adjusted in the graphics card control pannel, search GPU in the knowledge base for info or if you let me know if you have both cards i can provide info on how to adjust the GPU settings in order to make mastercam only use the Nvidia card, we dont want the software trying to run on an integrated card.

Thanks for the replies. The IT guy copied my entire profile over to the new computer. We thought it might have been an issue like that so we actually moved all of the mastercam files from the user file to the desktop when uninstalling and reinstalling mastercam and it regenerated all of the files and still no luck on speeding it up. 

As for integrated graphics, the 9900KF is Intels new line of chipsets that does not included integrated graphics at all, so we only have the RTX 5000 as an option.  But i'll look into it anyway since it might be somehow getting confused still. 

I THINK I figured it out. We were ready to do a fresh windows install. Time well tell but for some reason in the "right click on icon>compatibility> compatibility mode setting", it was running to be compatible with Windows 7. I unchecked that, applied and it appears normal... so far. I'll report back if I find something else. 

I told the IT guy and he said he clicked that because we were having an issue with the computer recognizing the HASP at first so he changed that.. never occurred that could have been the issue.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, jwvt88 said:

Hey guys, Got a new computer Friday, Having an issue we seem to have narrowed down to 2020. Components are i9 9900KF, Quadro RTX 5000, 32gb ram, M.2 SSD. We run primarily small parts. I try to verify one op and it can take 5+ minutes to load. Just 1%.....2%.... then once it does get to 100% it still takes a while longer before I can do anything in the Verify screen. My "old" computer with the same file might take 10 seconds before it's completely loaded and ready. That's an i7 8700k, Quadro P5000, 32gb ram, M.2 SSD. After messing with things all day, we finally decided to install mastercam 2018 and open an old file and check. 2018 simulator was just as fast as it should be in my opinion. We did uninstall 2020 and do a fresh install and do all windows updates available. I've played with just about any setting I could find but I don't think any simple setting would really account for it to be *THAT* slow. 

However in Documents > My Mastercam 2020 > Mastercam where I can set MastercamSimulatorDefaults there's another  txt file there labelled "MastercamSimulatorExceptions"  that's telling me I have some memory leaks. 

"DebugWin Log: 
Initialized McamSimulator - DebugEngine
ubvs launcher init
ubvs launcher init - not started
ubvs launcher init - create new app
ubvs launcher init - create window
ubvs launcher init - run
TrackedChange: ToolvectorVis
ubvs launcher init
Registered Cleanup
All tracked managed memory has been freed
ubvs launcher init
Registered Cleanup
ubvs launcher init
ubvs launcher init
Registered Cleanup
Registered Cleanup
ubvs launcher init"

There's an excerpt from it. Has anyone ran into a similar issue they've had to fix? I can't seem to find anything on the forums yet. 

Hi, if you are experiencing simulator slowdown with a new version of mastercam it might be possible that the simulator default set in the xml file in 2020(im assuming the process is the same..) are different than those in mastercam 2018. comparing the two might yield some answers. Also you mentioned that you machine mostly small parts, I noticed the machine simulation is VERY slow when simulating a small part on very high precision setting so you might try lowering your precision to the minimum.

Just a side note if you are using windows 10 you might want to consider downgrading to windows 7 if possible.The new computers we receive recently with windows 10 had issues which ranged from working fine to the simulator not working and even mastercam not working at all. There is a post further down about windows 10. And for any issues I would always suggest a fresh reinstall to see if something went just plain wrong the first time.

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, jwvt88 said:

I THINK I figured it out. We were ready to do a fresh windows install. Time well tell but for some reason in the "right click on icon>compatibility> compatibility mode setting", it was running to be compatible with Windows 7. I unchecked that, applied and it appears normal... so far. I'll report back if I find something else. 

I told the IT guy and he said he clicked that because we were having an issue with the computer recognizing the HASP at first so he changed that.. never occurred that could have been the issue.  

What did you right click on??? Have the same issue and trying to sort out

• 4 months later...