Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hitachi Seiki DNC issues with Cimco 8

Corey Hampshire

Hey guys. I have an issue I have been beating my head against the wall with all day. I am trying to run a part in our 1999 Hitcahi Seiki (Seicos 10 control). First time doing this via DNC. The program runs as it should. I have no problems sending the code. My issue is at the end of the file. When Cimco gets to the end of the file it pops up the  "program successfully loaded" box. The CNC is still trying to make chips. The best way I can describe what happens next is that Cimco closes the port and this causes the CNC to stop. I then get an alarm of course. 

If I look ahead at the code , it seems to be loaded as far forward as I can see in my program screen. I have changed my Baud rate, parity bits, handshake to all the options in Cimco, changed my M30 to a M2 and it still does the same thing. It is like I need to tell the control that it has received the end of the file. I have tried adding a #20, #3, and #4 to the end of the file also.

Anyone have any info on this? If I keep pulling my hair out, I will be bald for sure!

Edited by Corey Hampshire
Forgot to add some info
2 hours ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Hey guys. I have an issue I have been beating my head against the wall with all day. I am trying to run a part in our 1999 Hitcahi Seiki (Seicos 10 control). First time doing this via DNC. The program runs as it should. I have no problems sending the code. My issue is at the end of the file. When Cimco gets to the end of the file it pops up the  "program successfully loaded" box. The CNC is still trying to make chips. The best way I can describe what happens next is that Cimco closes the port and this causes the CNC to stop. I then get an alarm of course. 

If I look ahead at the code , it seems to be loaded as far forward as I can see in my program screen. I have changed my Baud rate, parity bits, handshake to all the options in Cimco, changed my M30 to a M2 and it still does the same thing. It is like I need to tell the control that it has received the end of the file. I have tried adding a #20, #3, and #4 to the end of the file also.

Anyone have any info on this? If I keep pulling my hair out, I will be bald for sure!

Add a M00 and M99 at the end and see if that helps. I have added 1000 extra lines of code at the end of programs 20 years ago when i had this issue DNC tapes to certain machines. No matter what we tried it would do exactly what your seeing. By doing the M00 M99 at the end it would some times work. Other times we had to add 1000 block lines of nothing at the end to act as a buffer so to speak to keep the machine running until the real end was done. 

18 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Add a M00 and M99 at the end and see if that helps. I have added 1000 extra lines of code at the end of programs 20 years ago when i had this issue DNC tapes to certain machines. No matter what we tried it would do exactly what your seeing. By doing the M00 M99 at the end it would some times work. Other times we had to add 1000 block lines of nothing at the end to act as a buffer so to speak to keep the machine running until the real end was done. 

This is the end of file on our similar machine- I didn't write the post so it may be a coincidence , but curiously our post outputs an M0 before M30.

hs_eof.JPG.d97699feb422f166ac44bdadcaca0901.JPG