Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

generic 5x post AC head head cannot get c to zero after toolchange

lowcountrycamo

I'm assuming C is your primary axis.  Put a value of 360 in mi4$, and see what it does.  If it doesn't act like you want also see what happens when you flip on or off biasnull in the post.  Shouldn't effect things in a toolchange, but it would between operations.  I recall this being an issue for me on the routers, but I can't remember what happened in the posted code.  I do recall hand editing this from time to time, but usually didn't care, as 99% of the time I never worked from with the spindle vertical.

If none of the above works, create a plane that would force the C to 0 with the A tipped slightly from 0, and add a retract point operation before the toolchange so it will force the c to zero , and the tool change.

Otherwise to fix it in the post you would need to get the variable name to initialize/update in the post during tool change to reset to the value in mi4$, you might be successful in getting this from your reseller, or having them make the mod to make it work for free.

20 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Under further review, look for this in the post and change it from a zero to a one and your problem should be solved without needing a workaround.  However if you ever want to force this behavior to work it was, you know how to work with it if you need to.

frc_cinit    : 0

FYI, I just tested this.

That works great,  Thanks Husker!

I took the 5x post class with Colin but is has been a couple years now and forgot about that switch.  

27 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

It has been a dogs age since that class hasn't it been.

At least you remembered the switch from class! Lol.

Yes, "force C Initialize" is the switch that will zero the rotaries at a Tool Change. Be careful, as some people might have also 'hacked' the 'protretinc' Post Block, or the calls to 'protretinc'. The "Rotary Return Incremental" Post Block (protretinc), is used to Zero the Primary and Secondary Axes. I've often seen the "output line" commented out when people hack the Post. Or sometimes they will "comment out" the calls to 'protretinc' in 'pretract'.

I'd love to eventually host another Post Class, but trying to find the time these days is hard. I've got a lot of demands on my "free time" these days, but I do want to host another "Online Post Processor Class" soon. Perhaps in Spring or Summer of 2020? I'll have to talk  with my wife about how to schedule it. Perhaps "Saturday Afternoons"?