Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

micro endmills

Hello all

Does anyone out there have any recommendations where to get micro tooling, more specifically a .5mm endmill?

I need to look at other suppliers to try out.  The ones we use now don't last very long.  

We are cutting at 66,500 rpm in .5mm thick titanium.

Thanks ahead of time

Joey

1 hour ago, Joeyls319 said:

Hello all

Does anyone out there have any recommendations where to get micro tooling, more specifically a .5mm endmill?

I need to look at other suppliers to try out.  The ones we use now don't last very long.  

We are cutting at 66,500 rpm in .5mm thick titanium.

Thanks ahead of time

Joey

To increase your tool life I would suggest a ramp entry if you are not already doing so, vertical entry can damage your tool right off the get-go.Also avoid presetting with a probe if you can or use a reduced feedrate if that applies to you.As for supplier microcut is a good brand. I think the website is microcutusa.com

When you get this small I actually think Harvey Tool sucks, their run out and diameter tolerance in this range is going to give you grief. Not that I dislike Harvey Tool at, but when you get into cutters under 1mm, everything gets a lot more important, really quick. Union Tool is usually my go to for this type of stuff - not the best, but still very good, and pretty affordable for what you are getting.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, MIL-TFP-41 said:

Richards Micro Tool either makes or used to make all of the harvey miniature series

Someone at a trade show once told me that Harvey doesn't actually make anything

The are just brokers selling other peoples products

I do not know if that is true.

There are becoming a presence in the industry though having gobbled up Helical and Micro100 recently

• 2 weeks later...