Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Choosing the correct toolpath??

I am trying to do a undercut toolpath with a lollipop tool. I can't get it to come out correctly. I could use some help if anyone wants to give me advise.  I have attached my part program. The operation I am having problems with is oper 9. I maybe trying to use the wrong toolpath for what I am trying to accomplish.

oper2.mcam

If you have the 5 Axis abilities then Morph Between 2 curves does a perfect job with this shape. Here is a video of what I did. I see X6 listed in your signature and far back as I go on this system is 2019. 

Video of Toolpath

I need to update Signature. I am running 2019. I don't have 5 axis capibality. I do have 3d and solids.

The Chipmaker, you are telling me even though my tool is basically made like I had it, MC doesn't work well with this. This actually makes sense to me. When I tried to define my tool in MC it kept giving me an error. My shank diameter and cutting dia are actually the same size. MC wouldn't except this info. So I reduced the shank to .07 until MC would except the design. From know on. I will make it with a straight shank.  Thanks

• Like 1

The Chipmaker, you are telling me even though my tool is basically made like I had it, MC doesn't work well with this. 

Yes MC looks at the shaft diameter and doesn't take into account that it shouldn't hit  even if you have taken it into account.