Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question about custom tooling

junky programmer

Hello Again, In Mastercam can you draw custom tooling and put it in a library and use it when ever you like? Where i'm at now they use Geo path but i'm trying to get them to use Mastercam but this shop is totally custom tooling. Not standard by any means. Just need a little in site that's all and they got a great bunch of guys on here that i know i will get an answer. 

Thanks In advance. 

Art

47 minutes ago, The Chipmaker said:

You can keep them in your main tool library or make a separate one just for them if you want. It's up to you.  You can keep the geometry in it's own file and import it if you like. 

custom.pdf

I do it like The Chipmaker shows too for mill tools, first just find a tool that has similar characteristics to the custom tool you have on hand, set all settings as accurate as you are able on the tool setup page, then save that profile to a level and you can manipulate the geometry on that level and the tool will instantly update based on your changes since the tool is linked to that level. Just make sure the rendered imported tool and rendered mastecam tool profiles align properly because the rendered mastercam tool is what appears in the simulators whereas the rendered mastercam tool is what is used for calculation purposes (which is why its important to initially pick a mastercam tool that has some similar characteristics to your custom tool that you have on hand) 

• Like 1