Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error during save - "key already used . . ."

Jaz

In the last week or so I have begun getting this error sometimes when I save a file:Capture.PNG.2dfb8276bd7171d6fa30cff33326f6da.PNG

Really irritating and slows me down because I have to click OK a dozen or thirty times.  Doesn't always occur, about 1/2 the time.  Regenerate solids does nothing.

What is the solution?

I would try to remove solid history under model prep. I get a similar issue sometimes(screen looks the same but i don't know if its the same error off memory). Remove History usually takes care of it for me. Also holding down "enter" makes the bubble go away faster than clicking. 

4 hours ago, gcode said:

I would try closing Mastercam and cleaning out the Mastercam temp folder

Is the parasolid kernel error really a temp file problem? Now that I think about it I have been having it more since I change those saving options..

Is the parasolid kernel error really a temp file problem?

It can be if there is something that prevents a temp file from being written. (restricted write access, duplicate filename  etc etc)

Do an experiment

Close Mastercam

Clean out your temp file, leave it open, then open a Mastercam file containing solids

refresh your temp file...

Typically temp files are purged when you close the Mastercam file... but if you crash, the temp files can be left behind

Over time your temp folder may wind up with dozens of folders that should have been purged by File/Close

a word of caution

Never Never Never delete the files in your temp folder while you have a file open in Mastercam

as it will destroy the open file

Don't run a utility like CCleaner with a session of Mastercam open.. that will really ruin your day

23 minutes ago, gcode said:

It can be if there is something that prevents a temp file from being written. (restricted write access, duplicate filename  etc etc)

Do an experiment

Close Mastercam

Clean out your temp file, leave it open, then open a Mastercam file containing solids

refresh your temp file...

Typically temp files are purged when you close the Mastercam file... but if you crash, the temp files can be left behind

Over time your temp folder may wind up with dozens of folders that should have been purged by File/Close

a word of caution

Never Never Never delete the files in your temp folder while you have a file open in Mastercam

as it will destroy the open file

Don't run a utility like CCleaner with a session of Mastercam open.. that will really ruin your day

Interesting. I will try it, I have been using Mastercam for ten years yet somehow I am still only "getting to know it". thank you for the tips sir.

I used to have a lot of trouble with temp files

By default they go into your user folder.

I was having trouble because of how my employer's IT policies managed those folders.

I started mapping my Mastercam temp files to a folder in the root of the C drive where file permissions are not an issue

I have had far fewer troubles since then.

This was back in X4 / X5 days and I still do it, though it may no longer be of any value.. Old habits die hard.

Remove history might work, it will be hard to know which of the 825 solids need it.

I am in the habit of keeping the temp folder clean, reopening MasterCam has no affect.

This only occurs 1/2 the time and does not seem to affect the usability of the saved file.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to revive from death again, but I just spent the last 50 minutes dealing with this. Problem was, MC was crashing occasionally all day. This file is pretty crazy and hard to explain but we have a LOT of similar parts and a lot of mirrors of similar parts, so this is like the 4th time that I've merged a new part into this file and redone everything. The more I do this the more clustered everything is and crashing has gotten more regular. After crashing like 10 times today I started getting that my disk space was low. I never kept track of this. Apparently they only got me a 120gb SSD. I started transferring everything I have stored on here to the server. This only brought me from 5gb free space to 14.5gb free space. I keep checking file sizes and found that my temp folder had like 60gbs of stuff, entirely from crash files. I had ran CCleaner many times and had even restarted and this didn't clear it. Thanks for the heads up. I closed MC and deleted everything. Going much smoother now.