Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Equal scallop

mirek1017

43 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

this is my file  

equaal toolpath.mcam

I guess that is where my crazyness kicks in. I would not finish that with one toolpath. I would finish that with several different toolpaths. Finishing that with one toolpath is lazy and will not produce the results I would be willing to accept or consider acceptable. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

yes ,this is good answer .I am same times lazy ,same time is to much part for programing ,but the one the most inportant thing 

NO ONE EXPECT MORE FROM ME 

I always trying  different toolpath  but always hear " do not lose time ,we will polish this !!!!"

Okay then good enough and call it a day. sorry I see you take pride in your work, but others don't care. Hard situation to be in and do what you need. Try different things. I broke up each section into Equal scallop toolpaths. I then would fill the gaps and do each top surface as a separate toolpath to prevent the tool from wanting to pick up. Experiment with different methods and approaches as time permits. I will throw some examples of different things you can try on this sample and put a link up later today so you can download it and hopefully it will give you some different ideas that hopefully those whom your making the molds for will appreciate. 

• Like 1

I threw this together to give you a different way to approach it. I wish I had the solid model it would have been faster to fill in the areas, but I broke out my old surface creation methods and even used the Verisurf Power Surface to fill into two of the areas. Yes this will go over the pockets, but I would be okay with that as it gave me motion I would like to see on a machine. I can think of many other ways to approach this shape, but want to see if this is what your looking for or not. 

5th Axis Equal Scallop Concept

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

I threw this together to give you a different way to approach it. I wish I had the solid model it would have been faster to fill in the areas, but I broke out my old surface creation methods and even used the Verisurf Power Surface to fill into two of the areas. Yes this will go over the pockets, but I would be okay with that as it gave me motion I would like to see on a machine. I can think of many other ways to approach this shape, but want to see if this is what your looking for or not. 

5th Axis Equal Scallop Concept

thank you so much for your time .I will try this .The was my 2nd idea  ,use waterline toolpath ,but I have hard time with shallow area ,this is my file 

equaal toolpath 1.mcam

1 hour ago, mirek1017 said:

thank you so much for your time .I will try this .The was my 2nd idea  ,use waterline toolpath ,but I have hard time with shallow area ,this is my file 

equaal toolpath 1.mcam

Good thinking. You might look at the Flowline toolpath and single cut using the 1/8 ball endmill. With the right tool, speed and feed that would come out like new money in the corners. then use the same toolpath for do the tops of the radius areas. A part like this would be ideal for a 5 Axis machine. It would cut your run time by 40% and give you a better looking and quality part with the right machine. Keep exploring different ways and methods it will only make you a better programmer. 

Now that I have the solid to play with. I will throw up another file with a completely different approach. With the solid and the powerful tools in SpaceClaim I was able remove those sections in a few minutes. 

Exactly ,that way I am start working here .They told me  that they have 5 axis table .When I set up the table on the machine ,they said the 5 axis license is to expensive and we do not need this foe single parts !!!!When I talk to my wife the I going back with my skill ,she say "shut up and do it your job ,because We have good insurance !!!::::)))))"

But this place kill me!!!!!!

Here is that with a blend toolpath in the 2 transition areas.

Blend Example to less complex solid

Family comes first so keep the wife happy, but the better you get the more money you can make. I have worked and still work many hours for free learning my craft to make me better. I am still learning and still improving and each day I am always trying to do better than I did the day before. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Here is that with a blend toolpath in the 2 transition areas.

Blend Example to less complex solid

Family comes first so keep the wife happy, but the better you get the more money you can make. I have worked and still work many hours for free learning my craft to make me better. I am still learning and still improving and each day I am always trying to do better than I did the day before. 

thanks Ron one more time .I use the blend toolpath before .I will back to this  method again .

• Like 1

I like Ron's suggestions a lot... he's the master... I always learn something from his posts.

I agree it is almost always best to not get lazy... to create the extra surfaces needed to smooth out toolpath motion.

But... if you're looking for a lazy way to throw just one toolpath at something complex, and still get a good result... IMHO, "pencil" is an overlooked toolpath.

I like the way it sneaks up on pockets and internal corners.

Just "uncheck" the "Maximum number of offsets" in "cut parameters."

Check it out.

Reko-Pencil-Finish

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Reko said:

I like Ron's suggestions a lot... he's the master... I always learn something from his posts.

I agree it is almost always best to not get lazy... to create the extra surfaces needed to smooth out toolpath motion.

But... if you're looking for a lazy way to throw just one toolpath at something complex, and still get a good result... IMHO, "pencil" is an overlooked toolpath.

I like the way it sneaks up on pockets and internal corners.

Just "uncheck" the "Maximum number of offsets" in "cut parameters."

Check it out.

Reko-Pencil-Finish

Reco ,can you save your file one more time ,did not show your folder in dropbox 

thanks