Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any Makino Wire EDM people on here?

I’m getting a little better on it. Today was my first full day. Pretty sure owner is buying a new Fanuc. They need at least 2 machines. Want me to do 3 jobs currently and only so much you can do. Typical for mold shops. 

2 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

So...

Does this mean no more Lowe's?

Yes. I worked 8 days there Gonna try 1 more year at new place  If they don’t get me Esprit though I won’t stay. They need someone badly to get their Wires running correctly. They have a Mill mentality in the Wire and that’s not the way to run them. Hopefully he will buy this new Fanuc to help. He has too many molds to build for one machine. And Ficus sucks as a cam software. He  also said he would buy me some work holding stuff. 

• Like 1
On 11/14/2019 at 3:11 PM, Del. said:

Yes. I worked 8 days there Gonna try 1 more year at new place  If they don’t get me Esprit though I won’t stay. They need someone badly to get their Wires running correctly. They have a Mill mentality in the Wire and that’s not the way to run them. Hopefully he will buy this new Fanuc to help. He has too many molds to build for one machine. And Ficus sucks as a cam software. He  also said he would buy me some work holding stuff. 

Dare I ask; no Mastercam Wire?

😉

16 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Dare I ask; no Mastercam Wire?

😉

No. Just loaded Esprit for Makino wedm  14 day trial to show owner what it can do. If he doesn’t buy it then it’s a deal breaker and I’ll quit. Fikus sucks and no way I’ll use it. 

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Rocketmachinist said:

Whats so bad about it?

Mostly that they crashed it hard a few times before I got here and the wire threader is a poor design and very unreliable. Some days it’s just possessed with a demon. I kicked it yesterday and pretty sure I heard it moan in agony. 

• Haha 2