Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2020 update 1/Vericut 9

Metallic

Vericut 9 is planned to be released before the end of the year. I'm currently beta testing it. In fact, I'm using it "in production" as I have found it to be pretty stable. A few minor glitches for me so far.

I really like V9. A big improvement :)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mkd said:

does it still have the' refine display' button?

Yes it does. But it doesn't get a lot of use :)

I typically only use the Machine/Cut Stock view in V9, and constantly change the view to requirements using the spacemouse.

Vericut V9 is finally starting to bringing Vericut into the 21st Century. Still Java Based and still have to deal with .bat files and other things to have it run on a Windows System. They have done away with the old interface and finally adopted the Windows dialogs for a lot things. Refine Display is there, but on larger models is useless in V9. Running multiple session during the testing phase which is great, but know once that is over back to the one license per instance which really aggravates me about their software. One thing CAM does that CAV doesn't is offer the user the ability to run one than more session of the software with a license. First CAV to offer that ability will gain a huge market share until the others ones concede it is costing them sales and start offering it. Sorry for the additional Hijack.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Mick said:

Vericut 9 is planned to be released before the end of the year. I'm currently beta testing it. In fact, I'm using it "in production" as I have found it to be pretty stable. A few minor glitches for me so far.

I really like V9. A big improvement :)

Been waiting for it, looking forward!

How about the first Mastercam update for 2020?

Thanks everyone!

4 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

. Running multiple session during the testing phase which is great, but know once that is over back to the one license per instance which really aggravates me about their software. One thing CAM does that CAV doesn't is offer the user the ability to run one than more session of the software with a license. First CAV to offer that ability will gain a huge market share until the others ones concede it is costing them sales and start offering it. Sorry for the additional Hijack.

I agree. For the average noob trying to figure out how to get there new simulation setup like the libray or training files is a MAJOR PITA needing to close and reopen..rinse repeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, David Colin said:

I can't make my 'discontinued' Spacepilot work with Vericut V9... Anyone knows what to try?

I'm using 3DxWare 10.4.3 driver which is the last working release.

I had the same problem when beta testing V9, with my Spacemouse Wireless. I downloaded and installed 3DxWare64_v10-6-3_r3045 and it fixed the problem.

15 hours ago, David Colin said:

That s what told me Cgtech support but my issue is that last drivers (above 10.4) doesn't work with spacepilot which is a discontinued product.

Looks like I need to buy a brand new 3D connexion hardware even if mine still working great with Mastercam.

Have you updated the drivers and verified that it doesn't work with your spacepilot? A few programmers in my shop are using discontinued models but were still able to get everything working in V9 with the latest drivers even though they didn't "officially" support their models.