Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

port error help

Edog

looking for some guidance with an error  

Search for defined post variables, strings, postblocks failed!

I have been using this post for some months. completed multiple jobs successfully. got a new computer and attempted to post my first file when this happened. I emailed my contact for post support through the reseller however he is not responding fast enough and the job is due soon.  

this is the entire message i get when i attempt to post anything. 

19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - Report created.
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - Initialize posting log file
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - Using MP run version 21.00 and post components version 21.00
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - Initiate opening the post processor file(s).
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2019\mill\posts\Generic Haas VF-TR_Series 5X Mill.PST
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - An encrypted post file is associated with the post file.
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - Post processor file name: C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2019\mill\posts\Generic Haas VF-TR_Series 5X Mill.PSB
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - The post processor file has finished the read process.
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - Initialization of pre-defined post variables, strings, postblocks was successful.
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - The 'startbin' header was found but not 'endbin'
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - Search for defined post variables, strings, postblocks failed!
19 Nov 2019 04:16:57 AM - The application has been aborted!

i looked into this and it nothing has changed in my file library. all the pst and psb files are in the same public location as well as my generic post and control files. is there anyting else you can think of that may be causing this error message? the only thing that changed is the pc. it has a fresh install of mc.

Your Post is probably defaulting to a location that is not correct.

You must have a PST and PSB file inside the Mill\Posts folder. Both files must have the same exact file name, but a different file extension. 

If you happen to have a 'local copy' of the PST file, it will always (by default) override the File Posting mechanism, and will use the Local copy. (If Post file (same name) is located in the same folder as the Mastercam File (.mcam). 

You can test what exact Post Processor you are using. Select all the Operations, and press the G1 button.

When the Posting dialog box appears, there is a Select Post button. It is grayed out by default. Press CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + P on the keyboard to activate the button. Use the browse folder dialog to select the specific Post you are testing.

PST and PSB files should be updated with the Transition Wizard process for best results. 

You'll have to get help with this from your Reseller, as it says both PST and PST  were actually present.

The exact error is telling us that the [STARTBIN] tag was found, but the [ENDBIN] tag was not found.

Try doing a text comparison between the older version of the PST file, and the updated version. Something changed in the PST.

Try Right-clicking on the files, and "unblocking" them.

Also, make sure you have "full control" permissions (admin rights) on the Mastercam Installation Folder, the Shared Mcam Folder, and the User Mcam Folders.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 8:02 AM, Edog said:

i looked into this and it nothing has changed in my file library. all the pst and psb files are in the same public location as well as my generic post and control files. is there anyting else you can think of that may be causing this error message? the only thing that changed is the pc. it has a fresh install of mc.

Before the reinstall did you remove/rename that versions' public and personal folders? If not MC may have stored the reinstalled data somewhere else.

i tried hard to do all of these things suggested. aside from contacting the re-seller, i think i tried everything. still finding the error msg the same. what is an end bin? i found the start bin in the post when i was analyzing the two together on the 2 separate computers side by side. i dont see a end bin in either post. i even started a new folder that had the same old files copied and pasted onto the new computer into a new location that i called up in the file destination. i am impressed that mastercam has all these options. i am a fairly new user to mastercam. did lots of work in fusion and work nc. i like the planes manager the best i think. thanks for the cntrl+shft+alt+p trick. that one is getting used a lot now, thanks for responding everbody. i am going to be attempting to figure this out until the boss will call the reseller. and in the mean time use one computer for 5axis posting and the new one for everything else.

It's week weeks and you still haven't contacted your reseller?

Makes me wonder if you have one

If I can't post for a machine and I can't figure out why? I don't have the luxury of waiting for an online answer forum to "maybe" help me out. I have spindles to keep running

Good thinking I will look into that as well. I have been so busy I haven’t had time to take care of the matter. You know what it’s like when jobs are due. Money takes the front seat. I was hoping there was an easy fix. I’m sure there is and I am just missing it.