Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ecourses

nolongat

• 1 month later...

not a response, a new question about:

tutorial #4 Review Exercise

In Mastercam 2019 Mill Essentials eCourse, my model is not working. it is not perfect as to the joints, i tried to do the wire work in by drawing only a quarter and then translating the rest which i think is causing other problems. Where is the problem?

https://www.evernote.com/l/ADJKqDKmdrZFfayflo1OJBo9dUav8Ads_bk/

6 hours ago, hanjew said:

not a response, a new question about:

tutorial #4 Review Exercise

In Mastercam 2019 Mill Essentials eCourse, my model is not working. it is not perfect as to the joints, i tried to do the wire work in by drawing only a quarter and then translating the rest which i think is causing other problems. Where is the problem?

https://www.evernote.com/l/ADJKqDKmdrZFfayflo1OJBo9dUav8Ads_bk/

From the picture, you have an incomplete chain.

Try creating a silhouette boundary geometry, or select create curve on all edges then select only the face mask. You could also just join the broken line in the wireframe. Or widen your chain tolerance (not recommended!!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

See the attached photos.

1)  Set your stock up correctly.

2) Re-draw your wire frame geometry correctly. On your file you have 24 duplicate lines and 42 duplicate arcs. Your wire frame geometry is also not correct, see the photo with my template in red over your's in blue.

3) After correcting your wire frame fix your solid to match the corrected geometry. Don't forget to add the chamfers on the solid.

4) Make a change on your 3rd toolpath in the Transition tab - skip pockets smaller than - it should be 100%

Stock.JPG

Capture.JPG

Geom.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Thanks 1
On 12/28/2019 at 5:41 AM, c++ said:

From the picture, you have an incomplete chain.

Try creating a silhouette boundary geometry, or select create curve on all edges then select only the face mask. You could also just join the broken line in the wireframe. Or widen your chain tolerance (not recommended!!).

i wish i undersood. thanks though.

7 hours ago, hanjew said:

i wish i undersood. thanks though.

To use the silhouette boundary function ;

select the solid, then in the wireframe tab select silhouette boundary and press okay.

• 3 weeks later...