Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe post help

hello everyone,

I am new to this emastercam sight, but wanting to get some help on adjusting and modifying my post for our machines. we do mainly multi axis turning, a lot of Swiss machines along with multi turret lathes. i am using X8 and trying to get the post somewhat close per machine to make programming a little easier, and found that this web sight, forum, came it really helpful so far so i thought i would join and try to get some help.

so from this sight i found out how to switch the direction on the axis, from negative to a positive and that works great but now i am trying to find out how to change the axis lable per turret? so for intense on one of my swiss lathe on the back side the X axis is actually called a Y axis, and so when i go to machine on the back side "upper turret right" i would like it to post Y axis instead of X axis?

thanks guys!

mike

On 11/22/2019 at 2:52 PM, mike gagliano said:

so i have been playing with MPLMASTER

So MPLMASTER has some significant differences to the CNC generics. 

Look in the revision history initials  to discover the base post. CNC usually means CNC generic, IHS would normally indicate MPLMASTER.

The normal procedure is to make a copy of the post you want to develop. Rename the copy indicating what you are doing. 

At the moment I am working on custom drill cycles so my development copy is MORI SEIKI NV5100 4 AXIS CUT. DRILL DEV.

Once I have finished I save over the production .pst file  MORI SEIKI NV5100 4 AXIS.