Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Matsuura or Mitsui for Aerospace CNC

Eason K

20 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

It's on the machine near the breaker. It starts the machine and will run a warm-up program of your choice

Also it will shut the matsuura off after an m30. Kind of weird how matsuura handles that. Even the cheap machines have auto power off.

So if you start work at 6, you can set the machine to automatically power on at, say, 5am and start warming up the spindle?

4 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

So if you start work at 6, you can set the machine to automatically power on at, say, 5am and start warming up the spindle?

Exactly. Tho it won't work if you don't have your compressor running....or the operator left the E-Stop pressed when he powered down.

[edit]

Leon Beat me to it....

3 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

Yes.

1 program for daily

1 for 2days off

One for more than two weeks off

Our compressor also starts itself.

2 minutes ago, MIL-TFP-41 said:

Exactly. Tho it won't work if you don't have your compressor running....or the operator left the E-Stop pressed when he powered down.

[edit]

Leon Beat me to it....

Well...time to clock out...I learned something new.

• Like 1

That would be nice.  I have a routine that works for me.  Hit the compressor on the way in the door, then power on the machine.  Wake the computer and log in.  Go back to machine and it's ready for homing, then run spindle warmup while checking emails.  4 year old Haas 15K spindle, no problems so far (knock on wood).

The important thing to remember with the Auto Power-On feature, you MUST leave the machine in a condition that allows for a cycle to run in MEM mode. i.e. all doors closed, e-stop(s) released, main power on, tool magazine door(s) closed, etc...

Anything that will prevent normal operation of the machine will also prevent Auto Power-On from functioning completely. If any of those things are out of place, the machine will power-up, it just will not warm-up. 

4 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

The important thing to remember with the Auto Power-On feature, you MUST leave the machine in a condition that allows for a cycle to run in MEM mode. i.e. all doors closed, e-stop(s) released, main power on, tool magazine door(s) closed, etc...

Anything that will prevent normal operation of the machine will also prevent Auto Power-On from functioning completely. If any of those things are out of place, the machine will power-up, it just will not warm-up. 

Also if you forget to reset the m30 key it will shut down after the first part. I did that today and mon to sat the machine is always on lol

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

Also if you forget to reset the m30 key it will shut down after the first part. I did that today and mon to sat the machine is always on lol

Done that once or 5 times. 

I'll usually add an M98P9901  (or M98P1) before the M30, that way it will wait (if running a multi-pallet system) if there is no work ready. 

43 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Done that once or 5 times. 

I'll usually add an M98P9901  (or M98P1) before the M30, that way it will wait (if running a multi-pallet system) if there is no work ready. 

That's hour ours is setup.

Pallet 4 runs a secondary so I run them in the morning then the other 3  run at night

• 11 months later...
On 11/24/2019 at 10:34 AM, Eason K said:

Hi All, 

We're a machine shop running for aerospace parts. We would like to purchase a new 5 axis CNC machine. Our shop is looking for two options, one is Matsuura MX850 and the other is Mitsui Vertex 75X II.  Right now, our current orders in Aerospace industry is made from material Stainless Steel PH13-8 and Aluminim Alloy. Most parts size are in range of 100mm to 500mm. The tolerance requirement is true position 0.0005''  and perpendicularity 0.0005". The challenge is that we need to keep the true position on two surface after turning the table on a 5 axis CNC. Please let me know your recommendation whether to choose Matsuura MX850  or Mitsui Vertex 75X II ?

Secondly, if to recommend other machine other than above two, which one would you suggest? Makino  D500 or DMG DMU50 orOkuma MU-6300V?

Thank you.

Hi I might be too late but here are my thoughts.

I have 3 Yasda machines and the only other machine that would use do this job is the Mitsui Seiki. They are both hand scraped and have thermal stability.

Your shop must also be temperature controlled. The parts I make need to be cut to .010 mm or .0004 inch on a 16 inch part.

• Like 1