Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas EC400 - What post are you using?

PMDc

We are considering the purchase of a Haas EC400 with a Pallet Pool. If you have one of these machines, what are post are you using?

I contacted my reseller and they said the standard Haas HMC 4X post works fine and they'll tweak for us as needed and I also have requested a quote from In-House for theirs. 

I am no stranger to post and MD/CD modification but I'm, curious what everyone is using and how much they massaged the standard post.

-Pat

I like the Generic Haas 4X Mill Post from CNC Software for running any 4X Haas machine. I'm also highly biased, as I wrote some of the logic for this Post to automatically read the Max String Length from the Control Definition, and the Post has a new 'pcomment_out' Post Block for output. The post has a switch to 'shorten or truncate' the string, based on your setting inside the Post.

3 hours ago, PMDc said:

We are considering the purchase of a Haas EC400 with a Pallet Pool. If you have one of these machines, what are post are you using?

I contacted my reseller and they said the standard Haas HMC 4X post works fine and they'll tweak for us as needed and I also have requested a quote from In-House for theirs. 

I am no stranger to post and MD/CD modification but I'm, curious what everyone is using and how much they massaged the standard post.

-Pat

I dont think you can go wrong with a post from Inhouse or postability for that machine, if you want something free go here and get the free one https://community.mastercam.com/TechExchange/Parts/456#partTitle; or if you want a post that has a great team supporting the post to be able to help out with any potential problem then cant go wrong with inhouse solutions or postability and they both support their customers and posts very well if anything doesn't work or needs changed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1