Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can't Edit Post With Cimco

I've been having problems recently when trying to edit a post using Cimco.

Whenever I open a post using Cimco and then try to put it in the post file it's changing something that prompts me to update the post when I try to use it. If I click on yes to update, it freezes Mastercam at which point I have to force it to shut down and after restarting, every part file using that post will crash Mastercam until I put the old post back in.

I am able to edit the post using notepad but I prefer using Cimco so I can compare posts side by side.

Is this a setting in Cimco causing this? Has anyone had the same problem?

Thank you

56 minutes ago, PKMills said:

I've been having problems recently when trying to edit a post using Cimco.

Whenever I open a post using Cimco and then try to put it in the post file it's changing something that prompts me to update the post when I try to use it. If I click on yes to update, it freezes Mastercam at which point I have to force it to shut down and after restarting, every part file using that post will crash Mastercam until I put the old post back in.

I am able to edit the post using notepad but I prefer using Cimco so I can compare posts side by side.

Is this a setting in Cimco causing this? Has anyone had the same problem?

Thank you

Are you making changes to the xml part of the post in CIMCO? You cannot do this and that will create exactly the issue your seeing. If you are making changes in the text section of the control this must be done through the Control Definition after about Version 2018. Before that you were okay making changes, but since then you must make any changes to the XML part of the post through the Control Definition.

If you see this in your post then this is your verification anything past that section cannot be edited in a editor. Make a copy of your old post again and then use the control definition to make the changes to the test you want then go from there and see if you get the same results.

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# POST TEXT
[CTRL_TEXT_XML_BEGIN]  # Post text edits MUST be made with Control Definition Manager. The entire post must be encoded in the local code page plus the XML below despite UTF-8 tag.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mp_xml_post_text xml:space="preserve">
	<control>
		<control_label>CTRL_MILL|DEFAULT</control_label>
		<lang

9 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Are you making changes to the xml part of the post in CIMCO? You cannot do this and that will create exactly the issue your seeing. If you are making changes in the text section of the control this must be done through the Control Definition after about Version 2018. Before that you were okay making changes, but since then you must make any changes to the XML part of the post through the Control Definition.

If you see this in your post then this is your verification anything past that section cannot be edited in a editor. Make a copy of your old post again and then use the control definition to make the changes to the test you want then go from there and see if you get the same results.

# POST TEXT
[CTRL_TEXT_XML_BEGIN]  # Post text edits MUST be made with Control Definition Manager. The entire post must be encoded in the local code page plus the XML below despite UTF-8 tag.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mp_xml_post_text xml:space="preserve">
	<control>
		<control_label>CTRL_MILL|DEFAULT</control_label>
		<lang

I don't think this is the case because I am making edits to the text section of the post in notepad and that works. The other reason I think it has something to do with cimco is that if I make any edits at all, even adding an extra space to a comment and re-save, I will get the same result.