Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WinTool.. anybody using it

My employer is looking at some kind of tool management package.

We are using Mastercam, Catia and Vericut and our current methods of selecting and defining

tools and passing that info to the tool crib is just not working.

We've got about 50 CNC machines, 5 programmers and 100+ employees and our tool management

would embarrass a mom and pop job shop.

From looking at their web page, WinTool looks like it can accommodate all 3 of our software packages

Is anyone using it.

It looks like it is a European company, do they have local dealers

Can anyone suggest an alternative.

TIA

We don’t use that here, but everything is decided upon in Germany. We have a tool library called JANUS that feeds S&F data to NX and tools in holder to Vericut for use there. We don’t have a tool crib, but we pull up the tool info by tool number and have a picture of the holder and all the length info for the mounted tool. No idea if there is a US based team. We’re the small fish of the company. 

I had Wintool demoed to me a few years back. I was really impressed with its capabilities. I also have a customer with a TDM and a Zoller, and that works well with Vericut for them.

I agree with Colin, contact Daniel, as he has a bunch of knowledge on this.