Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

matsura mx-520 pc4

What are your thoughts on this machine we are probably getting one.

We are moving from mazak to matsura the control seems so old ?

One of main decisions is what spindle HSK BT40 CAT 40, they are duel contact in both CAT and BT,  if we want HSK thay have to build a machine for it,If it is  BT or CAT thay can switch it either way and get the  machine in a short time line.

It will be the 20000k spindle.

what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

http://matsuurausa.com/model/mx-520-pc4/

You won't have to worry about a post processor or simulation/collision checking software as it comes with @CAMplete Solutions Inc. TruePath software which is phenomenal software. And EASY to use.

You'll have local (Minnesota) factory support, and Productivity is the dealer and I've only heard stellar things about them.

The control is a FANUC 31i-B5. If it's a touch panel screen it could be FANUC's Panel i Operator Screen, or it could be FANUC's iHMI. The latter being FANUC's latest operator interface.  What the interface lacks in "oooooo shiny" it more than makes up for in features IMHO. Most Matsuuras innthe US come with G43.4, G54.4, G68.2, expanded MACRO variables, 1GB Dataserver, and a bunch of other stuff.

It's been a while since I've run a Mazak, but I'd take a number of machines over it, Matsuura being one of the machines I'd take over it.

JM2CFWIW 

• Like 2

In my experience, HSK63 has been better at heavy machining as well. The only way I would go cat 40 is if I had hundreds of holders already available. Speed, run-out, rigidity all seem to be better w/ HSK. Not to mention, the ability to use in mill turn applications. Just my opinion though. 

MIke 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Machine is on the floor and up and running! But what is the best way to network the data server?  Is there a way to bring programs to the machine from the machine that are on the network? We are not able  to go to folders that are on the server and bring in programs. Are we missing something? Are IT guy and the application guy have been working on it for 2 half days, what works what does not? Thanks in advance.

Thanks they got every thing working! We can drag and drop to data server or pull programs off the network from the machine and move them to the CNC memory but the data server is the only way to move programs out of the machine to the network. I hope this makes sense. We also got are Mastercam post from Postability all dialed in. We even made 50 parts threw all the interruptions. Pallet changers are cool!!

• Thanks 1

Did you get a camplete seat with it?

It also has a card you can install in a PC with the ips software but it's not really needed with camplete.

Our new one has the oil spindle on it. When are they going to put a hinge on the spindle chiller Access? Why is the air dryer on a dolly?

We were going to set up the data server thing but I guess IT shot that down. They seem to hate USB 3.0 sticks. 

we have not tried camplete yet, we do have it on the flash drive,  but have not installed it yet, but the post and simulator in master cam are working fantastic, we can take programs from are  mazak 500 change the post and switch mis integers  and it runs in the matsuura, that is switching from BC to AC axis! every thing is looking up just proved out another part today (it takes time to build all the holders) but we are doing it right this time, build all holders before they go into machine, we bought  over 100 to get started but some are the same so it should not take to long.

The actual pos soft key toggles between the POS values . Then there should be a preset soft  key.

.then you would press zero then write ifni recall.

but if you're go into the setup tab  to set up and hit customized panel you can dragon drop a position relative shortcut key.

I'd you go under maintenance there is a button that says parameter select or select parameter with 3 check boxes.

This takes you to a screen where you can set thinks like chip wash timer and how it starts. And also if the spindle stops on reset.

This is a new button it seems

We are still not able to over wright programs in the data sever (you still have to delete them and then drag a new prog in) It would be so nice to be able to over right the active prog. Today we were bulding fixtures and proving out parts so sending lots of prog to machine it would be nice to do. (in mazack land you can post a prog over wright it, go to machine and push start and it is running the new prog.) On a side note last week we started the matsura at 6:30 Monday and all but 2 hours it was in cycle in-tell 2:00 Friday night with 2 shifts and a 4 hour gap. THAT'S IMPRESSIVE !!! That was 4.5 days in cycle +1.25 days!!!!!! Should we look into this FANUC program transfer software?

I know you can't overwrite the active program that I've found. Then again I have not looked very hard.

There is a similar parameter that governs overwrites on the memory card... #11308.1=1 Data Output to card overwritten or not (Functions ONLY on FANUC side not MGi) (COW).

Mazak isn't FANUC.