Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Activereport Setup Sheet on FTP

uncle_dolan

Hi Everyone, I have just uploaded my Activereport setup sheet onto the FTP. It is under the setup sheet directory, and is a rar archive called Setup sheet.rar This setup sheet works pretty well for me so I am happy to share it, If anyone has any modifications they think should be included, let me know.

There are images in the rar file and also attached to this topic that show how to utilse the features of the setupsheet. My company logo goes on the upper right of the sheet so you could do the same.

setupsheet.bmp - General picture of setup sheet

1.bmp

2.bmp

3.bmp

4.bmp

Now if AR would work from a network location...I've know a few companies that refuse to use it because of that.

Everyone please make that a request from cnc.

Here is the engine for AR. Check out some of the other cool stuff the company provides. When I get the time I think I'll contact them directly about our no-network support. (I'm to busy complaining about it :D)

Now if AR would work from a network location...I've know a few companies that refuse to use it because of that.

Everyone please make that a request from cnc.

Here is the engine for AR. Check out some of the other cool stuff the company provides. When I get the time I think I'll contact them directly about our no-network support. (I'm to busy complaining about it :D)

Chris, what doesn't work for you over the network? Our activereports are run from a network location so that all the users here can access them! what problem do you encounter? maybe i can help you work it out

SUBreports too?

Dialog between me and CNC

ME

I've exhausted all my other sources of help...

How does one use an active report template from a network location? I

can't figure out how to get the
subreport maps
to a location other

than the default.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcamx6\common\reports\SST

thx

chris rizzo

QC Inbox <[email protected]>

Jul 27

cleardot.gif

Hi Chris.

I asked development about this and they said in X6 it is not possible, but they are working on it for X7

post-3836-0-79812800-1354935420_thumb.jpg

SUBreports too?

Dialog between me and CNC

[/indent]

I am running X5 and it works, so that may be the difference. I have my main report and subreports located in a folder together on a network drive, but my SSM.xml file is located in the default directory. Whether or not this setup works in X6 I can not comfirm, but it might just be a fault with X6. For my setup i think so long as the subreports are in the same directory as the main report I'm all apples. Let me know if this still doesn't work. I will hopefully go to X6 come the new year and it will be disappointing if this functionality is not there! Might just have to wait for X7 like CNC said.

• 4 weeks later...

I am running X5 and it works, so that may be the difference. I have my main report and subreports located in a folder together on a network drive, but my SSM.xml file is located in the default directory. Whether or not this setup works in X6 I can not comfirm, but it might just be a fault with X6. For my setup i think so long as the subreports are in the same directory as the main report I'm all apples. Let me know if this still doesn't work. I will hopefully go to X6 come the new year and it will be disappointing if this functionality is not there! Might just have to wait for X7 like CNC said.

I run this off the network too Chris, I copied the entire Reports folder to the Network location where all my libraries are. It works flawlessly, worked in X4, X5, and X6!

• 1 month later...

I have been requsted to build a custom set-up sheet, although I am not sure where to start. I have a logo, but there are so many nice versions placed on this site, I am not sure how to begin building such a page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could start from by using an existing sheet as a template. You could use mastercam's default activereports and just modify it to suit your purposes...that way all of your standard subreports and image caps etc will already be setup for you, and just require some tweaking. I found the Activereport tutorial somewhere online, cannot recall where, but it is good to give you an understanding of the concepts involved...even if you just read it through will help with your knowledge.

Just had a look on the Jay's ftp and the pdf and files are on there in sip format called creatingsetupsheetswithactiverreportsdesigner.zip...i noticed there is one on there for X5 as well which may be handy. Here is a link to the setup sheets folder where you can find all of this info:

ftp://mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/Setup_Sheets/

• 3 months later...

Uncle dolan,

Thanks for uploading your Active Reports template to the FTP, it helped me a lot. I spent the weekend studying the Active Reports tutorial with out much success.

If I may ask a question. Can the Operation Name: be changed to use the Toolpath Group name instead of the Machine Group name?

I tried a simple edit with the Active Reports Designer that didn't work.

Barry

X5 MU1

Barry,

You are welcome, and I am more than happy to share! Changing the Machine group name to Toolpath Group name should be possible. You will have to redirect the datafile away from "setupsheet" and into "operation" instead, and this in itself could cause some issue. I will have a closer look at it hopefully later today and let you know how I found the easiest way to do it.

Brendan

Hi, here is my own.

I prefer just simple one page, so im happy with this one.

Program name, machine name, file path, tools with min/max Z, inserts and holders etc. are generated from mcam file, i just type Project/product name/ operation number, stock size and origin position (which is simple pre-defined in fields in mcam).

I have to hide some things and picture of part, becouse of our company policy.

If someone will like it, just send me msg, ill upload it somewhere (translated to english).

post-44059-0-02253600-1371463482_thumb.jpg

Hi, here is my own.

I prefer just simple one page, so im happy with this one.

Program name, machine name, file path, tools with min/max Z, inserts and holders etc. are generated from mcam file, i just type Project/product name/ operation number, stock size and origin position (which is simple pre-defined in fields in mcam).

I have to hide some things and picture of part, becouse of our company policy.

If someone will like it, just send me msg, ill upload it somewhere (translated to english).

Hi Loader,

Nice Looking report! and very functional. The predefined fields in mcam that you are referring to, are they the ones that come up when you click to create your setup sheet?