Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to address Dog Leg Rapids in the X7 Verify- or "why does verify show gouges that aren't there?"

Bridgeportboy

<<MOD EDIT: Read full thread for description of the problem, and a solution. Your machine may need the same settings. >>

have several files where the new verification in MCX7 falsely verifies the detail being cut, showing violations in the cut surface.

I have included some pictures showing these violations that were supposedly going to happen!

I took the time in each one of theses projects to see where the problem was and low and behold there was NO violation to be found thankfully.

At this point and time I can’t trust what verify is showing me. Is this something that will be corrected in MU1?

I have sent one of the files to my reseller and they confirmed my findings.

I have a couple more if anyone at headquarters wants them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Steve

post-44334-0-78891200-1382719722_thumb.png

post-44334-0-80742300-1382719733_thumb.png

post-44334-0-82904000-1382719749_thumb.png

post-44334-0-47127300-1382719760_thumb.png

I think its a legit reason to start this thread.me personally I'm not using x7 yet,but for anyone else who is if its showing a violation in verify and you can't seem to find the problem, well maybe there is no problem with the programming side of it.now people will now know it could be a verify issue.

How does being notified that there could possibly be false gouges reported be counter productive? If anything, it will lead users to disregard the errors that are reported. Personally, I would investigate every single reported gouge, false or not.

Now, if this thread was about gouges not being reported, it would be a valid premise.

JM2C.

• Like 1

A new feature in X7 is that backplot and verify accurately simulate the machine's rapid motion.

To me it looks like those gouges are caused by Verify simulating dog leg rapid motion.

You did not get gouges on your part because your machine rapids in straight lines.

Open the Rapids page of your Control Definition and make sure it is set to accurately describe your machine's

rapid motion.

Then run your file through Verify and see if there is a difference.

• Like 1

gcode, Thank you . That's exactly what it was.

I should have stated in my original post that I did end up running the programs anyway,

after looking closely at them and determining that there wasn't going to be any gouges.

This was the intent of the post, If the programs cut fine but the verify shows different, why?

Thanks again

Steve

post-44334-0-56259200-1382733648_thumb.png

If the programs cut fine but the verify shows different, why?

In earlier versions of Mastercam Verify and Backplot rapided in straight lines.

This was fine if your machine ran in straight lines, but many dogleg and this forum is full

of threads where people complained that Verify was good, but the part got hit anyway.

That's because their machine ran dogleg rapid motion and Verify couldn't simulate it.

New for X7, Verify can run straight or dogleg, depending on how you've set the Rapid Motion

setting in your Control Definition.

See the attached screen shot..

This is how you'd set it for a machine that doglegs.

Try changing it to " All axes arrive at destination simultaneously"

That's how a machine that runs in a straight line should be set

post-162-0-33919500-1382734348_thumb.png

I think its good to know if there is problems in the software so we dont have to find out everything by scraping a part.

this is NOT a software problem.. this is a failure to read the X7 What's New pdf . :harhar:

Something all of us are guilty of :laughing:

It is actually a huge improvement in the software's ability to simulate machine motion

but a lot of people don't know about it.

• Like 6
It is actually a huge improvement in the software's ability to simulate machine motion

but a lot of people don't know about it.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner in this corner with a card record of................ Again I keep going to these other places and not staying on point. Sorry about that. :help:

Yes change is happening and nice to see good things coming down the pip from the Folks at CNC. :turned::scooter:

• Like 1

Indeed, I felt that the tone of the TITLE, coupled with confirmation from the reseller, amounted to little more than bashing. Even if this is a new feature available in X7, there are machines that have rapid movement in 'dogleg' fashion, and this verify motion ultimately would NOT be FALSE.

I felt that this thread was the equivalent of screaming FIRE in a theater. I will abstain from interfering in the future. Cheers! :cheers:

Indeed, I felt that the tone of the TITLE, coupled with confirmation from the reseller, amounted to little more than bashing. Even if this is a new feature available in X7, there are machines that have rapid movement in 'dogleg' fashion, and this verify motion ultimately would NOT be FALSE.

I felt that this thread was the equivalent of screaming FIRE in a theater. I will abstain from interfering in the future. Cheers! :cheers:

Freedom of speech..... ;)

If you can do it so can he. :)