Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to slow down verify?

cherokeechief79

DO you really need to run verify slow? I mean, aren't you more concerned about the final result?

If I am worried about tool motion, I'll do that in backplot

For myself, I generally only run verify when I am done, to each their own though

See and all that stuff I do with pushing chamfers as close to the wall as I can, I do in backplot

This is one of the reasons I'm not a big of of the new backplot and still use the old, it's fast...

I was just curious :)

On my classic backplot it shows drill toolpaths as feeding from the clearance plane but in the new backplot it is correct. Anybody else see this?

Yes. When I need to check drill clearance planes like this I use the new backplot. For anything else I use the old backplot.

See and all that stuff I do with pushing chamfers as close to the wall as I can, I do in backplot

This is one of the reasons I'm not a big of of the new backplot and still use the old, it's fast...

I was just curious :)

+1 to that. I still prefer the old backplot.

Yes. When I need to check drill clearance planes like this I use the new backplot. For anything else I use the old backplot.

So the old backplot is now "broken" and the new backplot works for drill clearance planes? Ugh :(

+1 to that. I still prefer the old backplot.

So the old backplot is now "broken" and the new backplot works for drill clearance planes? Ugh :(

Its not that the old one is broken, it just doesn't have the one thing. 99% of the time I use the old one.

Its not that the old one is broken, it just doesn't have the one thing. 99% of the time I use the old one.

I thought the old backplot showed rapid movements down from the clearance plane to the feed plane etc. But it doesn't do that now?

X8 drilling is not right in classic back plot

it's fixed in X9

I use the new back plot with translucent stock for parts with deep hole

drilling when you need to see what's going on

it works really well

so well it's worth putting up with the slow launch