Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Testing Students

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A few questions to instructors; How often do you test your students? How many questions are there typically, and what is the general mix? (i.e. 25% Multiple Choice, 25% Fill in the blank, 50% Essay, etc....)

Are your tests open book/open Mastercam?

Thanks for your input.

For a formal class, I have found the best way is a combination of questions and practical projects.

There is a lot of background and theory to cover in any complete class, and those issues lend themselves to questions (fill in blank, multiple choice, true/false).

But the bottom line is people have to know how to use the software to successfully create and machine parts, and only a practical element will test for that.

I think both questions and practical applications have their place.

Answering questions after learning theory provides immediate feedback regarding concepts understood and those still needing more work. I consider this assessment to be formative and it does not count towards a student's mark.

The Just-In-Time instructional software I am using with my high school students has interactive questions built into each of the concept lessons.

Ultimately, the grade I give a student depends on how well he or she can use

Mastercam to create and machine a finished product.

smile.gif