Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problems with DoMetaFile in VBS

I have problems with DoMetaFile function in VBS. Every time I use it I get black background in WMF image. Because the function changes the color of all entities to black I get a totally black WMF image. As I know the background in the image should be white.

The same happens when I use the Metafile.dll Chook or InHouse Html setup sheet.

My openGL switch in Screen/configure/screen tab is disabled.

There must be something wrong with my graphic card driver configuration. Does anyone know what the problem could be. My graphic card is Nvidia TI4800 and I'm running the latest driver.

Thanks for the answers!

It seems to be hit and miss. Works on most computers, but black on others.

The VBS / C-Hook will not work when OpenGL drawing is being used. Go to Screen/Config, click on the "Screen" tab, and verify that the checkbox which says "Enable OpenGL® drawing" is Off.

Other things you can try:

If you turn down the graphics acceleration on your PC and repeat, what are the results?

Desktop, right click, (Display) Properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, Hardware Acceleration

You can try one notch down, None, etc. to see if it corrects the problems.

To Dave: I tried your second solution (turning down the graphics acceleration) and it worked.

But the problem is that it works only if I put the slider in the second position and restart my computer. After that If I change the slider position to anything else and then put it back to second position, it doesn't work anymore.

To Bullines: DoBitmapfile()is OK but the image size is MUCH too small (the resolution is not high enough). If there was a way to increase the resolution of the BMP image the DoBitmapfile() would be good enough for me. The way it is - it is not good enough.

To both: Why do I need this function? I need it to make HTML setup sheet (similar to InHouse HTML), but the customers demands are much higher than what InHouse HTML setup sheet has to offer.

It would be great if customer wouldn't have do decrease graphic acceleration in order to make DoMetaFile() work.

Anyway, thanks for answer that helped a little.

I,m still searching for totally good solution.

quote:

To Bullines: DoBitmapfile()is OK but the image size is MUCH too small (the resolution is not high enough). If there was a way to increase the resolution of the BMP image the DoBitmapfile() would be good enough for me. The way it is - it is not good enough.

You could use a third-party tool such as ImageMagick (free) or ShotGraph (commercial/shareware) to resize the BMPs from VBS.

To bullines:

I tried ImageMagick, but if the input is not good, the output can't be great - bitmap picture which function DoBitmapfile() creates is much too small (only 256x256 pixels) for any advanced use.

Is there any way to cofigure that this function would output a bigger bitmap picture (for instance: 900x900 pixels).

By the way: the DoMetaFile() still doesn't work as it should.

I looked at the InHouse HTML setup sheet and I found out that it uses the same technique to generate a part preview (it uses DoMetaFile() function in VBS file). I assume that some users of this product have the same problems with part preview in their HTML setup sheets as I do.

Thanks for answers.

quote:

Is there any way to cofigure that this function would output a bigger bitmap picture (for instance: 900x900 pixels).

There is no way to pass dimension info to DoBitmapfile() or DoMetafile(). Perhaps CNC Software will add this functionality in the future.

quote:

By the way: the DoMetaFile() still doesn't work as it should.

How so?

quote:

I assume that some users of this product have the same problems with part preview in their HTML setup sheets as I do.

Yes, other users do. The number of people affected is small and its cause is still undetermined. Have you tried on other computers?

• 2 years later...