Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X sdk named_view_manager broken?

frustration ... level ... a .. 9.5 ... banghead.gif

Can someone at MC answer what's up with named_view_manager? In 9 NVM with the VWMGR_SELECT displayed the view icon, you selected the one you want and it returned the view #. Straight and simple.

In X it displays some named view list select crap. To select by icon you have 2 or 3 more mouse clicks. banghead.gif

Also VWMGR_GET, which is described as working the same as VWMGR_SELECT does NOTHING. doesn't display, doesn't return, it just hangs.

Same with VWMGR_MENU, after exiting the named view dialog box it just hangs, doesn't return a value, doesn't return at all. frown.gif

Bryan mad.gif

Bryan,

1> I've never used this function, so I'm not familiar with it.

But since it is the Holidays and the real programmers are getting a well deserved break (before we tie 'em back up to their computers after Christmas biggrin.gif ), I figured I'd give it a shot.

2> I have a MR1 version of the SDK, so I do not know if any changes that may have been made since the SDK you are using may have affected this function. rtfaq.gif

Referencing -> AssocHok_CH.h

I dropped this into the m_main function of a testbed C-Hook ->

code:

named_view_manager (

&v, /* IO: pointer to named view entity */

VWMGR_SELECT, /* I: VWMGR_ADD, VWMGR_RENAME, etc. */

"", /* I: new view name or "" (null string) */

&succf); /* O: TRUE = view manager successful */

When executed, this dialog appears and the view I select is returned in the ‘v’ variable

ViewSelectiondialog.jpg

Hey Roger,

Thanks for what help you can give me.

Thats my problem. Back in 9 calling it with VWMGR_SELECT would display the view icons and return the v. Now it does that dialog box and you have to press the arrow to get to the icon selection.

My assumption is there supposed to be a difference between SELECT and GET. One would goto the selection dialog box and the other to the icons. Especially since you can go straight to the icon selection from the named view manager dialog box. In the docs they're both described as going to the icons which I assume is a mistake.

Also when called with VWMGR_GET and VWMGR_MENU the function never returns. It just hangs the chook. Well thats not totally true, it will return, without setting v, if you close mastercam.

Bryan smile.gif