Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

read nci with nethook

The (text) NCI structure is documented in the 'MP Post Reference Guide'.

You're looking a a lot of work to parse the NCI and calculate the data you are asking for.

It would be a much easier to get this information using a Setup Sheet generator like Mill.SET (which is actually a 'type' of Post Processor, just with a ".SET" extension).

Hi Roger,

quote:

You're looking a a lot of work to parse the NCI and calculate the data you are asking for.

Ok, I understand is not so easy to do that.

Maybe there is a way get these informations from Mastercam? nci.JPG

quote:

It would be a much easier to get this information using a Setup Sheet generator like Mill.SET (which is actually a 'type' of Post Processor, just with a ".SET" extension)

I know about this, but I like to use vb.net.

Just to clarify a bit. Parsing an NCI file is extremely easy.

But what I think Roger means by a lot of work is there's a lot of raw data in the NCI. Much of which needs to be processed, calculated, and format.

Ekke,

If your minz doesn't have to be totally accurate you can just scan through the file and pull the z values from the G0, G1 and drill lines for each operation yourself.

Bryan smile.gif

"Parsing the NCI is easy" Yes...relatively speaking.

To calculate the cycle time by parsing the NCI would not be such a trivial task. Like I said, definitely do-able, but to do is accurately would be a time consuming task?

quote:

Is it not possible to give access to this function through nethook?

Possible?

But is isn't there now and there are many more requested items in the to-do queue!