Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-Hooks/applications for

Im posting this in this forum as well hoping that other people may see it.

What applications are being used to apply c-hooks too? I know that they are only limited to the imagination, but I need some tangible evidence that they are worth pursuing the creation and application of. (How do I justify my spending time learning this stuff to the boss?)How will it save time and money in the long run?

Thanks

I appreciate any feedback to this post.

Hi kelly, i'm trying to learn C++ to make a tool I see usefull. I have jobs that have several details on them. I want to make a hook that will make it easier to controll WCS, Level control(main and visible) and active toolpath group. I also would like to see a better setup sheet developed i am hoping to help. Like you said your imagination is the key. What would you like to automate is the question I think you need to ask your self or people you work with.

Any other ideas people? headscratch.gif

I've done too many to list (over 50) but some highlights.

Multiple file merge. Mastercam only allows you to merge one file at a time. A real pain when you have to merge 40 or 50 plus files in a directory.

Automatic toolpathing. Mainly drilling but some hole contouring.

Custom multiposting.

A chook to show all (relevant) parameters for all operations displayed on one page. A html file actually. Also performs a bunch of sanity check on the ops and highlights the areas that need looking at. Like drilling past z0.0 when its the bottom of the steel / top of the table.

a whole crap load of chooks dealing with view creating, display and manipulation. One example is a drop down menu with each submenu a user define filter (regexp) for named planes. Which then sets the tool/const/gview planes. Simplier than going in view manager all the time. 2 clicks and t/c/g planes are set. Designer and Toolpather created name planes can exist in the same file without cluttering each other.

Several for prepping a file before toolpathing. Automating the couple of dozen procedures done after a design is released and before its ready to toolpath. Orientation, creating toolplanes, insert patterns, setting up rawblocks, creating some empty op groups, etc.

A insert pattern library (with user created drop down menus) with overrides for stuff like color and level.

a template system that pulls data from a database and can be used to create notes. Or copied to the clipboard, which than can be pasted into setup sheets or other files. (We input most data about a part once and it's pulled many times. Cutting down on costly human error mistakes. ) Again presented in a drop down menu for easy access.

A few for entity copy and move.

1. copy selected ents from one point to many points.

2. Rotate around two points. The two points define the axis to rotate about. Simpler than the rigmarole to creating a new cplane and then rotating entities. Select ents, select 2pts, enter angle, copy/move, done.

3. xform between (2 sets of) 3 points. Compresses xform translate between points, xform rotate, xform between views into one chook. 1-3 points are used to define views to translate between. 1pt current view, 2pts current view with a rotation, 3pts defines a new view. Again saves the hassle of defining new views to translate between. select ents, select points, copy/move, done.

Bryan smile.gif

Im just starting out obviously learning the C++ as well. MasterCam is great to use but I also would like to be able to control things quicker on the fly. From a programer/operator standpoint I dont have the time I would like to have to build the ultimate program for every part.

Ive tried to use the Macro funtion, but it never seems to be reliable or consistant. I think the potential for the application of hooks is huge with a lot more dependability and flexibility than the macro funtion can provide.

Thank you both for the feedback.