Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

chook created operation

You have to add some exported functions that are called by the operation manager, etc..

code:

strcpy( op.u.chook.opmgr_txt, "my chook toolpath!!!");

strcpy( op.u.chook.chook_name, "chook.dll");

strcpy( op.u.chook.opmgr_prm, "ParametersFunction"); // chook's function to call when op's parameters are selected in the Operation Manager

strcpy( op.u.chook.opmgr_tool, "ToolFunction"); // chook's function to call when op's tool is selected in the Operation Manager

strcpy( op.u.chook.opmgr_geom, "GeometryFunction"); // chook's function to call when op's geometry is selected in the Operation Manager

strcpy( op.u.chook.opmgr_nciL, "LeftClickFunction"); // chook's function to call when op's nci is selected in the Operation Manager

strcpy( op.u.chook.opmgr_nciR, "RightClickFucntion"); // chook's function to call when op's nci is selected in the Operation Manager

strcpy( op.u.chook.regen_nci, "RegenFunction"); // chook's function to call to regenerate op's nci section

extern "C" int DllExport ParametersFunction ()

I think it couuld be a hard work to make your own toolpath chook.

cheers.gif

• 3 years later...

If you are rally needing to create a "custom" operation?

Is is easy? Not real easy...

If you creating a custom operation that's what you need to do.

What Takashi shows, creating your own functions to handle these responsibilities and

"telling" Mastercam about your functions so that it will callback to them to do the work.

Are you really needing to create a "custom" operation?

Or just need to create "standard" operations type via a CHook?

Are you really needing to create a "custom" operation?

Or just need to create "standard" operations type via a CHook?

Roger, it's in "thinking" stage only.:)

But I'm thinkin really seriously to do some (is it possible more than 1?) "custom" operation.

I'm talking here only simple 2D/ 2&1/2D operation, using simple 2D wireframe and points. Not surfaces, no, nooo!!! :)

We have some "special" machining operation or "case", when we have to use 2-3 contour op instead of 1. Just 1 example.

Or special drill sort, which is not in "sort options" in the point manager. Or special "tool moves" which is not possible via simple 2D or 3D Contour Operation.

I'm just thinkin' to make our programmers work to more easier or simple. Why not, if there is a way somewhere?! ;):)

Roger, you know, we are making tools for glass plants, some is bigger, some is smaller, but all of them are the same somehow.

I made many C-Hook (with your help, I can not thank you enough), when I wrote those, I remembered that must be a more simpliest way.

I know, I can imagine that is not simple like an operation import, but I would like to walk through on this way.

Thank you in advance,

Peter