Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hi,

I want to create a text engraving through my CHook. I am able to create the text using either as told here

http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...t=000355#000001

or here

http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...t=000002#000000

The first method creates the text but I don't know how to get a pointer to all the line and arc entities of the text, so that I can add a contour toolpath on it. The second method creates the whole text as a single entity and I have the pointer to the entity, but before I can add a contour toolpath I'll have to break it into lines and arcs and I don't know how to do that. So please either tell me:-

1)How do I get a pointer to all the line and arc entities of a text that I've just created?

or

2)How do I break a (v8_note) note entity into lines and arcs? Is there a function that takes a pointer to v8_note entity and gives a set of pointers to all the broken lines & arcs?

Thanks in advance.

Takashi,

I am afraid that would not be a good approach because my CHook creates other entities as well besides text, and as the whole process of creating entities is very fast I don't think checking the time when they were created would be a good way of checking if the entities comprise the text. Thanks for your reply though.

sorry, I have not tested that code.

and then I got an another idea. wink.gif

1. remember the address of db_end.

2. create geometry

3. get_ent from previous db_end..

ent e;

DB_LIST_ENT_PTR dPtr, foundPtr, endPtr;

dPtr=db_start;

endPtr=db_end;

//create lines..

dPtr=endPtr;

do