Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Getting aCustom Tool Profile from a Nethook

I have a MasterCAM part file which uses custom tool profiles. In my NetHook, how do I determine that a tool uses a custom profile, how do I find the name of the file containing the custom profile and how do I extract the profile from the file.

Thanks in advance

There is not a way to do what you're asking in the NETHook.

It would be possible create a CHook type DLL that could gather the 'custom tool' file name(s) and the NETHook could call into the DLL (using P/Invoke) to retrieve that data.

Example: The Zip2Go utility

The front-end is a NETHook, but to generate some of the reports that Zip2Go creates requires digging deeper than you can with a NETHook.

Note in the CHooksZip2Go folder the Z2GData.dll which is a "worker" CHook DLL that the Zip2Go.DLL (NETHook) calls into to get the desired data.

* And one of those pieces of data just happens to the the filenames of any custom tools referenced in the operations

Ian,

Is the source of Zip2Go available? => NO

Do you have any example source code on how to do this?.

=> I can put one together, that shows how to scan thru all of the operations in the Op. Mgr. and creates a list of all the 'custom tool' references.

This will be a NETHook/CHook (2 DLLs) solution.

Mail me (sdk at mastercam.com) with an address that can accept a ZIP file attachment and when I have something I'll send it over.

What information this sample will supply to you is a list of the 'custom tools' that you can loop thru from your NETHook code.

A 'custom tool' can be either;

1: On a Level in the current MCX part file.

2: A pathname that points the the custom tool shape in an external MCX file.

Do you also have need to know the 'id' of which operation(s) reference a custom tool?

• 2 weeks later...