Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-hook compilation error after update to X5 MU1

Hello All,

Recently, installed X5 MU1 and X5 MU1 sdk at the same time on a used PC,

but all "Windows Update" has been done, so XP is up-to-date.

It may be irrelevant, but SolidWorks 2011 is also running on this PC.

When I tried to compile an existing C-hook program, bunches of error messages are displayed.

For a test, tried to compile the same program on different PC, X5 MU1, compile/link are

OK, and it makes a .dll file.

I also tested this C-hook program to compile for X4 MU3 version, no problem at all.

I uninstalled Mastercam software completely from the PC, and installed it again,

but still the same.

Just trying to make a sample C-hook program by C-hook Wizard, no luck, still the same problem.

It's been a while since I worked on my last C-hook program, so I might be missing

or forgetting something very important.

Here is a partial copy of error messages.

There are 16 error messages in all, but each error is related to one of these

three header files.

Error	1	error C2039: 'shared_ptr' : is not a member of 'std::tr1'	c:\program files\mcamx5\sdk\interfaces\core\TlDefFunctions_CH.h	26	create_midpoint
Error	8	error C2065: 'tp_tool_ptr' : undeclared identifier	c:\program files\mcamx5\sdk\interfaces\core\TlToolMill_CH.h	64	create_midpoint
Error	9	error C2065: 'LATHETOOL_PTR' : undeclared identifier	c:\program files\mcamx5\sdk\interfaces\core\TlToolLathe_CH.h	59	create_midpoint

Here is a copy of command line for compilation (VS 2008).

/O2 /Oi /GL /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\gui" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\core" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\control" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\geomsld" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\lathe" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\machinedef" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\matss" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\mill" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\post" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\msurf" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\wire" /I "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\sdk\\interfaces\uictrls" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_AFXEXT" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FD /EHsc /MD /Gy /Fo"Release\\" /Fd"Release\vc90.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Zi /TP /errorReport:prompt

Any suggestions/advice are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Roger,

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

Right, I completely forgot that.

I've just finished installing VS2008 SP1, and tested my program again.

Bautiful, as if nothing happened before.

Thank you for your help every time, appreciated.

P.S.

This is just a chit-chat...

Last couple of months, I've been working on SolidWorks API, using VS 2010 Express edition.

Glad I had some knowledge about VB and VC#, learned when I was making some .Nethook programs

several months ago.

Once learned how to layout controls, mostly labels, buttons, check-boxes, List-boxes,

arrays, etc. in the Form, and assign event handlers for those, the rest of it is to look for

suitable class/methods/properties.

Like you said in recent post, "Intellisense" will be very helpful.

I 100% agree with you, even though I'm still a newbie.