Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need local VBScript programmer

I would imagine some of that might be possible to automate with a script, geometry creation for example. What tool path types are you using for your operations? Contouring, pocketing is simple enough but if you are sweeping that will be problematic using a script. I would also imagine a user interface (dialog) of some kind would need to be implemented to prompt the user for input which is possible using a script but rather cumbersome; If that's the case I would certainly look into developing a NETHook rather than a script.

All of the processes are either 2D contouring or drilling. I have been further investigating what Mastercam has to offer and I did see the Net_Hook option; which I am glad to see this recomendation, by definition of it's capabilities looks to be a perfect solution for what I am trying to achieve. Still the obstacle is to create and use a Net-Hook. Except for a few centerlines, all of the geometry exists. Net-Hooks seem to be the option to persue. Any quick pointers on the creation and application of this process.

• 3 weeks later...

therocker,

A common approach would include:

• Placing geometry on unique levels
  • Exporting operations to an operation library to be imported via a NETHook

A typical process, simplified, would be opening a drawing, iterating levels, selecting geometry on a level(s) and import an operation to apply to the geometry. From here you could add the file to a nest list or post the file, etc, depending on what you are looking to accomplish.

There is a Visual Studio Mastercam Class library project template linked in another post in this forum that will help setup a default NETHook project that can be used as a starting point for your NETHook.

Any quick pointers on the creation and application of this process.

• 4 years later...

therocker,

A common approach would include:

• Placing geometry on unique levels
  • Exporting operations to an operation library to be imported via a NETHook

A typical process, simplified, would be opening a drawing, iterating levels, selecting geometry on a level(s) and import an operation to apply to the geometry. From here you could add the file to a nest list or post the file, etc, depending on what you are looking to accomplish.

There is a Visual Studio Mastercam Class library project template linked in another post in this forum that will help setup a default NETHook project that can be used as a starting point for your NETHook.

Hi,

This is EXACTLY what I need, to automate my process ! 

I understand how to create operations and store them to operations library.

I understand how to import / merge geometry. 

But HOW can I (using .NET-C# Hooks)  import an operation, an "link it´s machining surface" , for example, to Geometry from Level 5, and link machining boundary to chain geometry in Level 6 ? 

I´m talking about MC_X9 and 5 axis operations like Surface High Speed, Multiaxis Mash (Geodesic and others ....) ..... 

Thanks,

Edi.